Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Hey all!
I am doing the 30 Day Shred from Jillian and I am currently on Day 3. My thighs are what are killing me the most, however the sit ups and upper body exercises don't seem to be doing it for me. I want to lose weight, a decent amount before February 10th (fiance graduating from Navy Basic Training :D ) and my full amount before July 10 (when I go to Navy Basic Training).

Anyway, on top of this I try to get on the elliptical for about 30 minutes because for some reason even though my legs are burning, I don't feel satisfied yet. I don't want to jump to level 2 yet though because only the top part of my body finds this workout easy.

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions for this?

Replies

• csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member

Oh wow! Thanks, that may fix it haha
  • piratebabe85
    piratebabe85 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm currently training for the Shamrock Shuffle here in Chicago and it's a program called Couch 2 5k, 3 times a week for 9 weeks, a mixture of running/walking for 30 minutes. I did it the first day, my whole body ached. It's a 5 minute warm up then 1.00 running etc. It switches the program up and I bet this will be the extra kick your looking for :smile:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    I'm on 5 days with 30DS. The only thing I do not agree with Jillian is inhale on the way up doing crunches. It's very easy to pull a muscle. I always exhale on the way up. On my 3rd day, I done 1 and 2 of her workout. It felt good after doing both. Hope this helps.
  • I have been doing the shred too. I am liking it and finding it the perfect challenge for me. I am wondering how many calories to put down under my exercise for each level. Anyone have an estimate?