Starting...AGAIN

Options
I've been here awhile. I try and I slip. After losing 25 pounds, I was in a car accident which took 4 years of recovery. Then an ankle injury which took another 2. No surprise I gained it all back and more. Please add me if you are positive, upbeat, and willing to provide motivation and support.

Replies

• Stacey0116
    Stacey0116 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WE got this!
  • wsar
    wsar Posts: 5
    Options
    I also had an ankle injury a few years back, but with physical therapy, I was determined to be able to run again. I make sure I wear a flexible, yet supportive brace when I run. I have those days that I do not want to go to the gym, so I do a DVD instead. I am a very positive person, so I can try to help! :) We all need some support every once in a while!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I also had an ankle injury a few years back, but with physical therapy, I was determined to be able to run again. I make sure I wear a flexible, yet supportive brace when I run. I have those days that I do not want to go to the gym, so I do a DVD instead. I am a very positive person, so I can try to help! :) We all need some support every once in a while!

It's actually doing pretty good now. After months of PT, surgery and, more months of PT, I received a PRP injection. I think it made me bionic. I finally received the OK to try running this month. I've run since high school but I've missed it the past six years.
  • wsar
    wsar Posts: 5
    Options
    Just take it slow. Don't push yourself into running too quickly. Something you may want to try is the Couch to 5k app. It gradually transitions you into being able to run a 5k. I did it just to be able to set realistic running goals.