post pregnancy exercises

Options
I was trying to find some exercise DVD's I might be able to do most of, one popped up that was for post pregnancy. I'm not pregnant but my tummy is my problem area.

I wondered if exercises designed to shrink the tummy after pregnancy would also work on someone who just had big tummy? (but not from being pregnant).

The person was trainer for Shakira and Gwyneth Paltrow and they don't even look like they've ever been pregnant! .. so they must work?

Replies

• lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    From what I remember the post pregnancy exercises I was given after having my kids were designed to help your pelvic floor and protect your lower back. These areas become very loose during and just after pregnancy and so I guess the aim is to get them back into shape.
    It might be worth a shot, strengthening your core is always a good thing from what I can gather :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at a Tracy Anderson one and hers seems more like a workout that focuses on tummy, in amazon reviews have found 2 people who done it who weren't actually pregnant and both said it toned up their tummy and they lost their muffin top.

I'll see if I can find it on Youtube.

Pelvic floor exercises are good for bladders my neuro told me, but since I've lost weight I haven't had same problems, we thought it was my neurological condition causing the bladder probs but it may have been a fibroid pressing on it which may have now shrunk after I lost 2 stone! They did find a big fibroid a few years back with scan, about 11 x 7 x 6 but I can't remember where she said it was exactly. so I'm hoping the weight loss may have shrunk it.

I do alot of core strengthening and balance exercises for my ataxia, my back pain levels have increased dramatically! I was having to lie down after an hour or if had to go out I'd have to take pain killers with me to get through appointment until I could get home to lie down. I'd stopped going to anything that was going to take over 2 hours at most (including travel) cos of the pain and it set my back muscles into spasms been sat in an L shape in wheelchair for that long. I spent most of day laid on bed or sofa on hot water bottles for first half of the year.

Recently managed a 6 hour trip out shopping and lunch out for first time in over a year with very little pain and it didn't take me two days to recover from! :happy:
  • calari
    calari Posts: 5
    Options
    simple solution: www.PregnancyFitKit.com - good luck!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have the Post Pregnancy workout dvd by Tracy Anderson and I love it.
    I have 3 kids BUT I definitely would recommend this dvd to someone who has never had kids. She is very quiet so she isn't good at "queing" when to change moves. However after you have done the dvd once or twice you won't need t lo listen to her. Now I just turn down her dvd and listen to my own music and just watch her so you know when to change moves. I find the workout very effective and I definitely feel it when I am done. I also find that I am working on muscles I never even knew I had.

The dvd also works on arms and legs---but it definitely is more for abs:smile: .