calories burned in 30ds?/

Options
How do I know how many calories I burned....level 1.....more or less how do i calculate so i can post them in my exersize? thanks!!

Replies

• vtempes
    vtempes Posts: 47
    Options
    I personally log it as Circuit training general.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    That was my question to when I did the 30 day shred, I logged it as Circuit training.
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Me too. That is what was recommended to me by my other pals :)
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I use the Circuit training. 20 minutes = 235 cals burned. :-)
    I do levels 1 and 2 ( so I double it.)
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    As people will no doubt tell you, the only accurate way to know how many calories you burned is with a heart rate monitor. When I started 30DS, I just used "circuit training general" and went with whatever score it gave me, as I don't have a HRM.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Most people log it as Circuit Training, general. This is only an estimation though, if you want be more accurate you
    can invest in a heart rate monitor that measures your pulse whilst you exercise, and gives you a more accurate figure for
    you personally.
    I was previously logging 20mins of Circuit Training and getting about 200cals for it, but with a HRMonitor, and including the warm up
    and cool down - 27mins, I register 373cals on average - quite a lot more!
  • ItsAliciaMarie
    Options
    The "average" is 503 cals for 154 lbs add 20 cals per 10 lbs over. I would have to say that the HRM would be the best option for you to know exactly what you are at!

Hope you are enjoying 30DS! I know it's kicking my butt haha.
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I weight 226 lbs and wearing my Polar FT7 HRM I logged 290 calories for 20 minutes. I woosed out on the push ups about 3 push ups in because I'm still a weakling! Hope this gives you an idea!
  • dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks everyone!!!
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had to get a heart rate monitor. I found out that using the calories burned on here is not as accurate as the HRM. I know some people can not afford them I just waited for a great deal and broke down.
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Using my HRM, Level 1 is always 225-250 calories. I am 5.8 and 180 pounds if that helps.