Places to Eat Out and Not Exceed 440 Calories

Options
Does anyone have suggestions of places to eat out and what can be ordered that is within 440 Calorie meal? I've been eating at work, but end up working through lunch ... not good. I like to get out and eat out, but don't want to blow the good start I've got using MyFitnessPal.

If you live in NW Arkansas, your suggestions would be fantastic!!!

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Some food chains post their nutrition on line like: Ruby Tuesday, IHOP, Bob Evans and almost all fast food places.
  • dmprovenzanodoll
    Options
    yes get on the web sights before you go and plan your meals. Subway is always a great option for lunch or breakfast. Chick fil . also has their info posted.
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    Subway!
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    why not pack a lunch and find a place to picnic? If that is an option. That way you can control your food.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Panera asian chicken salad is HUGE and 400 calories!
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    IMO, you can pretty much find anything at any restaurant. Here's what I do with eating out - I look at the menu online. Most places have nutritional information (if not, a lot of it - or something similar - is in the MFP database). I decide what I'm going to get before going to the restaurant and then log it. And when I get to the restaurant, I do not even look at the menu. That way I'm not tempted by anything else!

Do you have a Bertucci's nearby? I LOVE the Tomato and Caprese Salad with grilled chicken - very filling and only 450 calories.
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Applebee's might. Subway and Chic Fil A have some options. Just plan before you go, many places are getting better putting the nutritional info on thier website.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Arbys has about 4 or 5 different meal plans that are under 500
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    you've got to be careful with sodium though. Seasons 52 ( a chain) touts itself as all menu items under 450 calories and it's good but holy cow the sodium is out of this world! I personally go to independent places usually that don't post their data online so I just work out harder that day, drink more water and eat something that sounds good to me. Eating out is a treat so I want to enjoy it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    *giggles*

Ahem. Most places that have the "Under ___" are Under 550 calories. Rock a house salad with plain grilled chicken and dressing on the side.
  • Gratzi
    Gratzi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Jason's deli has some good choices, but the sodium content can be quite high.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Panera soup and salad. They have a great nutritional website that you can preplan your meals.

Look at local restaurants that have soup, Jason's Deli has a lot of soups for low calories.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Subway - I prefer to order a $5 foot long and save the second half for dinner.
    Taco Bell - They have a Fesco menu that uses low-fat alternatives in their food. (low taste, too)
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Applebees has many dinner options around the 500 calorie range and they fill you up. Steak, chicken, pasta....
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Jasons Deli and McAlisters Deli are good options as well. I think even places like Burger King and Mcdonalds have low calorie options.
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    Does anyone have suggestions of places to eat out and what can be ordered that is within 440 Calorie meal? I've been eating at work, but end up working through lunch ... not good. I like to get out and eat out, but don't want to blow the good start I've got using MyFitnessPal.

If you live in NW Arkansas, your suggestions would be fantastic!!!

I LOVE Ruby Tuesdays ... check them out ... SOME of Subways subs are good too
  • tsimpson84
    Options
    I work through my lunches too, but I make sure I always have low sodium soups, cups of fruit in juice, and lean cuisines in my work freezer just in case I work through. If you are to go out, like most people suggest, try Chick Fil A, Jason's Deli, Subway, Panera, or Whole Foods. Just be careful because much of this food is processed and high in sodium...
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, If you skip the tortilla...
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I can eat virtually anywhere (save a pit BBQ place down the road that only has fried veggies on the menu). I'll be honest, I rarely order anything straight off the menu. I find something that is close to what I want and start taking off and making subistutions. In some cases, I order from the kid's menu and pay the upcharge for being an adult (most restaurants will do this if you ask). It can be done!! :)
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Seasons 52--everything on the menu is under 465 calories and delicious!