Places to Eat Out and Not Exceed 440 Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday's is one of my favorite for eating somewhat healthy when eating out.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Panera asian chicken salad is HUGE and 400 calories!

My favorite choice, too! I usually get the half salad with a cup of chicken noodle soup and an apple as a side. That comes in at 360 calories! Not bad!
  • bethskiles
    Options
    Applebees has some weight watchers meals that are less than 500 calories.
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    In order to get under 440...you have to SKIP ALOT from Chipotle. Their food nutritional information is OFF THE CHARTS...and that's if you skip the sour cream, cheese, and go with Chicken.
    Chipotle, If you skip the tortilla...
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Check out this website that I refer to when eating out (sometimes I double check with the restaurant's website if they have nutritional information available, just in case).

She's been at this for quite some time!

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Applebees has many dinner options around the 500 calorie range and they fill you up. Steak, chicken, pasta....

I agree...Applebees has some great choices! The Dijon Chicken is 470 calories the way they make it, but if you order it without the mustard and cheese, sub the potatos for more veggies or a salad, you can cut it down to under 400!
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I always look ahead of time at the calorie information of the food at a restaurant before I go. I'm sure it's do-able for a lot of chain restaurants. If not just control your portion size. Instead of eating the full meal, eat half and save the rest for tomorrow. Skip a dessert! Just don't eat a dairy queen, trust me. I had a mini blizzard the SMALLEST size and it was like almost 400 calories. Are you kidding me?!? Hehe.
  • maureenjo
    Options
    Applebee's has dinners for under 500 calories.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    This is a website that lists the calories and WW Points Plus for most restaurants.

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-watchers-points.html

I look at it before we decide where we're going. We are cutting down on eating out though because the sodium is crazy high!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you have a Pita Pit, try the hummus, baba ganoush or veggie sandwiches. They come in at < 400 calories and are very filling.
  • jpetry
    jpetry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since I travel for work I've often found myself eating on the road. To eat health while one the road isn't always easy, but can be done if one is cautious and careful.

All major restaurants need to keep nutrition facts most of the times you can find these online either through myfitnesspal or their own websites. One thing I can mention to you that you need to be careful of is the amount of sodium as sodium doesn't count for that much in calories, but can hinder weight loss a great deal.

Fast Food Order (order plain without sauce):
    1. Subway
    2. Wendy's
    3. McDonalds
    4. Taco Bell
    5. Sheetz

Sit Down Order (order with plain baked potato and veggies instead of fries):
    1. Panera Bread / Issac's
    2. Applebee's / Ruby Tuesday's
    3. Perkins / Denny's / iHop

Many restaurants in America try to cover the taste of food with sauce that contains high fat and sodium counts this will just kill a diet. Hope this helps.