counting calories helps me

Options
It seems like the only way I lose weight is to keep track of my calories. For some reason it makes me not want to eat more than I should. I exercise by walking, jogging and riding my recumbent bike. I am 56 years and teach 2nd grade. Last summer I lost 10 pounds by counting calories on a site like this one. I want to lose some again this summer because a couple pounds came back from not counting during the school year.

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,006 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP

Take the time to learn about all the features of this site. There's a lot more here than just counting calories.

It helped me to find a group to check in with every day.

You have been successful. You have a lot to share with others who are just learning how to lose weight.
  • bikealot
    bikealot Posts: 3
    Options
    The other site I was using didn't have the message board. It will be interesting to chat with others.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: