I am not going on a diet.

Options
I have tried several diets in the past, and each one of them helped me to drop pounds. Losing weight is easy, but keeping it off is a whole different story. I have experienced some stressful situations in my life and it seems I always turn to food for comfort. This is a problem that I need to overcome.

I am tired of yo-yo diets and just want to learn good eating habits and live more healthy. My aim is to learn portion control, eat healthier, and be more active. I'm sure that just by making these small changes and being more conscious about what I am doing, that in a year from now I will be much better off than where I am at now.

I have been reading everyone's success stories on here and it looks like I am at the right place. Looking forward to getting healthy with you all!

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am not dieting either! I am changing the way I live my life! Welcome and feel free to add me. :smile:
  • shavonne
    shavonne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm with you 100%!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    I'm feel the exact same way! This is not a diet.... I make exactly what I used to make. Now I just alter the recipe so they're better for me. I'm really enjoying the experience and I love being able to take one of my older recipes and 1/2 the calories in it and have it taste even better!

I still turn to food in stressful moments, but it is definitely a day to day struggle. Sometimes a minute to minute struggle. LOL
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome... diet is such a harsh word...life style change is more accepable to me...so that's what I 'm calling my journey...MFP is great... with lots of great support and encouragement...feel free to add me...:flowerforyou:
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude because "diets" usually have a start and a finish. What you want to accomplish is healthlier ways with what is normal for you and feels right, that is the kind of program that will work for the long term and get you in control. Good luck with your program, you are on the right track. fg
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm with you.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    I got room for more like you..feel free to add me as well.
  • sylverkat
    sylverkat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet either! I am just starting and am eating the recommended cals to lose 2 lbs for the first 2 weeks, then I will increase my cals and just work for 1 lb a week.

I am all for supporting and being supported by people like you. I will send an invite, add me if you want!
  • rosalieharris
    rosalieharris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ditto! Welcome!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    welcome!

I Dont think of myself as being on a diet either, to me when i hear diet i think of being deprived of something, but i'm not, i'm full during the day i get to have treats and i get healthier win-win :happy:
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Good call! Welcome to MFP!
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome & friend requests! I'm really glad I decided to stop procrastinating. I have been thinking about how I need to get started for the last several months, but I would just complain that I wasn't motivated enough to even give myself a decent chance. Well, sometimes you just have to jump in there and do it.
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i agree totally! its about a life change not a diet, diets are temporary and this needs to be forever! we can do this!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    dieting won't take you far... setting goals and limits to self will.

the first question you should ask yourself is, why do I want to do this? - to lose weight alone is not a good reason. Research the benefits and want them all because you deserve it!!!
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    dieting won't take you far... setting goals and limits to self will.

the first question you should ask yourself is, why do I want to do this? - to lose weight alone is not a good reason. Research the benefits and want them all because you deserve it!!!

I have thought about it a lot. I have pre-hypertension, I don't want to get back on blood pressure meds. I don't want to feel so tired all of the time. That alone is worth the lifestyle changes, the weight loss will be an added bonus.