What to eat when you work out after work?

Options
Junepal
Junepal Posts: 148 Member
I usually try and do 30 min of cardio around 6-6:30pm. I am home from work by 4:45 and am usually hungry. I have been eating dinner at 5 and working out around 6-6:30 which doesn't seem to bother me. I don't usually eat anything after the workout as I feel good/satisfied and usually too busy getting the kids and myself ready for the next day.

Should I be eating something right after? And if so what?

Would love to hear your food suggestions for pre and post workout.

TIA!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Should I be eating something right after? And if so what?

TIA!

If you don't feel like eating afterwards, and you're still eating a reasonable amount of calories/macronutrients for the day, I wouldn't worry about it. Let personal preference dictate this.

(Your dinner will still be in your system).
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I just take a scoop of protein powder, 2 scoops of creatine, and a hand full of d-bol anavar and winstrall and just chew it up and swallow it. It helps with the muscle gains.
  • Sweetrayray80
    Options
    If your not hungry I don't see the need to eat. However it wouldn't hurt on weight lifting days to eat a little protien within 30 minutes of your workout. It will get to the muscles better. A few tablespoons of lower fat peanut butter, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, string cheese & a handful of smoked almonds, greek yogurt...all good ways to get protien without having to eat another "meal".
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I just take a scoop of protein powder, 2 scoops of creatine, and a hand full of d-bol anavar and winstrall and just chew it up and swallow it. It helps with the muscle gains.

Don't forget to mix in the test and clen cycles to cover ALL your bases.
  • Tammi6818
    Tammi6818 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I get hungry after a work out, I snack on a rice cake with all natural peanut butter...under 100 calories.
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I am not usually hungry after but could not get through the workout if I did not eat before hand. I will keep the protein intake in mind though if I am hungry after the workout.