Inner thighs

Options
I really really really want to get rid of my thunder thighs.how can ii make that happen? Am doing cardio 4, 5xs a week 45- 60 mins and i i do several sets of squats w 10lb weights before my workout. what else can i do? what worked for you>>>???

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    sprint interval training and eating well
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me is squats i havent found anything else. A lot of people say you can not do spot reduction which I do agree with to a point.
  • MPsAL
    MPsAL Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity for 2 months and lost 2 inches off each of my thighs, but for some reason it seems like my inner thighs are behind in the muscle department. I think maybe all the rest of the fat has to be gone from the body before the thighs go on a woman. :0)
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do 10lbs in each hand so let me rephrase it's 20lbs. I would do 100 if I had the luxury to go to the gym. But I can't so I'm working with what I got a home. and yes I lift them.
  • TLC84
    TLC84 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have the same problem. I heard squats works best:flowerforyou:
  • JessK78
    JessK78 Posts: 26
    Options
    i find cycling really helps tone my thighs, although they stay bulky-ish but look decent because they are toned. big thighs are good too look at beyonce!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Doing squats with light weights can burn calories and help build endurance. While it might not build strength, like lifting heavier weights will, it still has its benefits.
  • Kateinprogress
    Options
    Walking! I have really bad knees so it's really the only cardio I can do but it's seriously helped me build muscle and tone my legs. They started at about 22 inches (when I was 183, they were always the smallest part) but are now down to about 16 inches! :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of leg work and it has definitely helped my thighs a lot! I do squats, with and without weight. I do weighted lunges, I incorporate legs into my kettlebell routines. Try checking out youtube - I'm sure they would have some great exercises that you could do at home.
  • shellbell525
    Options
    have you tried different variations on the squat? Sumo squats really target the inner thigh. Just make sure what ever exercise you do that you are doing it with proper form. Also you may want to invest in heavier weights, or perhaps a set of resistance bands, they are pretty inexpensive and can do the trick.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    OP, doing lunges and squats will help shape muscle in your legs. And I don't mean 10-15 reps, I mean getting down and dirty and doing them until your completely fatigued. Often people will stop when it starts to burn thinking that is enough, but it's not you need to push through it and keep going. Also, running or sprinting will help shape the muscle in your legs.
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    what worked for me when i was younger was doing lunges, squat side kicks and pilates. last year i just did the elliptical every day and did seated leg presses.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The flamingo balance...check fitness magazine website!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hands and knees on the floor and press your foot up to the ceiling. I do it with a weight held behind my knee.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce - as you lose weight overall your legs will slim down. You can't beat squats or lunges for legs. Try doing plie or sumo squats as well (use good form) Go slow and get your thighs parallel to the floor, knees don't go past the toes and track over your feet. Don't bother with any exercise that isolates your inner legs, like the old lay on your side and lift your leg in the air...or abductor/adductor machines -they are useless. Aim for overall strength and fat loss. If you can do 3 sets of 12 reps with your 10 pound weights you might want to invest in a new pair of 15 pounders.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    By losing the thunder thighs, I assume that you want to lose some fat from them, correct?

Keep in mind that you cannot spot reduce your body's fat loss. Just as your body chose where to store excess fat, it will choose where it burns it off from. Continue burning fat, and you will eventually lose any excess fat in your thighs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/397447-can-i-reduce-fat-from-a-specific-part-of-my-body
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I find lunges help a lot. And if you can, do try to up the weight when you can. That will help as well.

Oh, and for all those PC people out there. Make sure to add cardio cause we all well know you can't spot reduce.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yes I do like them.....
  • bosstimmy
    Options
    For long, lean muscle tone i strongly recommend Yoga. There are some excellent lunge positions that also simultaneously stretch.