How do you learn to Jog?

Options
2»

Replies

• jbarden
    Options
    I found a great schedule to learn how to jog online at Womens Health. I started it on Thursday! Starts out very slow....I was never interested in jogging but needed to try to change up my activity. It's been a good challenge to take this on.
  • holmevik
    Options
    Do the c25k program! It works wonderfully.

Good luck
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    OK so i tried to do the first workout for the treadmill. I got to 12 minutes and by then my legs below my knees were on fire, i was totally out of breath and starting to feel a little sickly so i slowed it down and stopped. Clearly i am not fit enough to jump straight into a routine. So am going to try again on Wednesday and see how it goes. I wont move to the next step till i am comfortably doing the first level with ease.
    You're going too fast! Slow down your walk AND your run. When I started I was "running" at 3.5 and walking at 3.0. And eventually worked up to 9 minute miles and a half marathon. Go for time running, not for distance, at first. You want to build up your endurance, not wear yourself out :)
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great to hear you you tried it out! Don't give up, you will succed through persaverance :) slow yourself down too as some one said, running is running weather its at 7 mph or at 3 mph. Just go as fast as your body will alloww, and speed will come much later, I'm only just finally increasing my speed from my first days of C25K 5 months ago! Best of luck