Disapointing first week

Options
Iv had a disapointing first week although i had a few naughty items i still managed to keep 300 cals under my weekly target im guttered that i only lost 0.7lb :yawn: i also went spinning and did two, hour long sessions on the wii fit guttered.com hopefully this week will be my week.

Replies

• astepp01
    Options
    Don't give up! :) You can do it!
  • annmarie_148
    Options
    Thanks i hope so :)
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    First rule for me PATIENCE !! Don't give up it!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cherrypop1
    cherrypop1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Stick with it as i had a very slow first few weeks and i am still here since July! I think that slow and steady is better as it tends to stay off but i totally understand how you feel as i felt like this when i was going through this.

Best of luck and i hope that things start going in the right direction for you
  • annmarie_148
    Options
    Thanks all for the support
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 0.7 lbs.

You could just have water weight, or a whole ton of whatevers.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    dont worry. i had 25 pounds to lose and it seemed like forever, it took 6 months. I have been maintaining now for 8 months. you can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Settle in for the long haul, Sista. Try to suspend judgment for a while and just learn what works for you.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hang in there....often times when starting a new exercise regime, your muscles tent to retain water to repair themselves as they are not used to being worked.
  • chopsewyee
    Options
    Keep pushing through! When I first started working out about 3 weeks ago, I heard over and over again that it takes a good 10-15 solid 30-45 minute work outs and really watching your food intake to notice a slight change. It may be a little discouraging now (I'm in the same boat) but after a good month you should see a noticable change :) Keep it up!! I wish you the best!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    You are just getting started so time will tell shortly! Love your attitude of excitement regarding this journey, ALWAYS keep that! Make it great!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's tough, just give your body time to adjust to the eating better and exercising. Losing weight slowly is better than losing it faster. Just keep doing what you are doing and be patient. The fact that you are down 0.7lbs is great because it is a loss. We all want to drop the weight fast but that isn't realistic and sometimes not healthy. I don't know what you are eating but if you are consuming a lot of sugar you may want to eat less of that, and sodium too. Keep an eye on more things than just your calories.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hope you're taking measurements. I didn't lose any weight this past week, but over the course of the last two weeks, I have lost over 1/2 an inch from around my middle, increased my calf and bicep size, and lost little bits here and there. Don't make this all about the scale, but about getting leaner, eating better, and feeling better.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    With about 30# to go, an average between .5 and 1 pound a week is perfect. You're right on target. Hold your head up and be proud!
  • annmarie_148
    Options
    Thanks
  • vgarza2
    vgarza2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. Don't get discouraged. :flowerforyou:
  • annmarie_148
    Options
    I never before i started but i have taken them down today so hopefully i see a difference in the future thanks
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    there is a saying that "it didn't come on overnight and it won't leave overnight" And it's true. 0.7 pounds is a great start! Healthy weightloss is what's going to make a difference in the end. Great job really, and keep it up, it will add up to a fantastic loss!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Don't give up u'll do it, it just takes time.