Do you log daily activities such as...

Options
2»

Replies

• mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You know, I don't as a general rule. Like others have said, it's part of every day life. But (you knew that was coming!), on Mondays I take the day off the gym. I am home with my daughter so I don't work, so Monday is the day I raze (!) the house, clean laundry, grocery shop and I barely sit down all day! So, I input the information and I eat about 100-200 calories more than my BMR. I can't stand just eating the minimum calorie allowance. I normally burn 400-800 calories a day, 6 days a week. I *should* save calories for today... but I have yet to have the foresight to do so! Anyway, I don't know if that helps....
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i log when sweat is broken, when im tired at the end of it! lol
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I normally don't. But now I'm on maintenance I decided to wear my HRM when I went grocery shopping and realised I burnt almost 100 cals in 45 mins, so I do count that now. But if I was losing I probably wouldn't since it's not a huuuge amount. It's all up to you though and what works best!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    For me, my settings are set on sedentary. I couldn't walk for the majority of 2011 so when I started to cook and clean and walk again I began logging it all. It IS exercise for someone in my shoes. I don't log every little thing.. but I am still logging my long walks in stores. I log my cleaning as "light" even when I am sometimes doing a lot more. I don't want to overestimate, you know?

I think it differs for everyone depending on what is 'normal' for you personally. If you are being more active than you normally are then go ahead and log it in.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything small and hard to measure. I measure my walks of over a mile, cycling for over a mile and any set exercise.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    For me, my settings are set on sedentary. I couldn't walk for the majority of 2011 so when I started to cook and clean and walk again I began logging it all. It IS exercise for someone in my shoes. I don't log every little thing.. but I am still logging my long walks in stores. I log my cleaning as "light" even when I am sometimes doing a lot more. I don't want to overestimate, you know?

I think it differs for everyone depending on what is 'normal' for you personally. If you are being more active than you normally are then go ahead and log it in.

Sounds like you are doing fantastic!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Nope. When I was fat I went grocery shopping and cleaned my house just like I do now. To me, an every day chore isn't going above and beyond. It would be like logging "walking to my car in the parking lot." Just an every day task. However, if I do a strenuous out of the ordinary task, like shoveling snow for an hour, I log it, as that is tough work and not a routine activity.

This is about a perfect answer.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't log daily activities, but I log shopping trips (because they're exhausting for me) as Walking, 2.0 mph, slow pace. I usually cut the time by as much as half to account for time spent standing still, etc.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I don't log housework or shopping. I will log in yard work if it consists of weeding, pulling, squating, bending etc and I'm generally out there for hours. Regular yard maintenance I don't log.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I only log it if is not something I do all the time. I do not log dishes, laundry, dusting, etc. I will log carpet cleaning, windows (we have a lot of windows and about half of them require the use of a ladder), spring cleaning and stuff like that. I always forget to use my HRM, so I enter it as 'light' housework and only half of the time I actually worked. Using my HRM would be much easier.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Yes - because I'm at a desk job all day. I don't break into a sweat when I walk 25 min each day, or sweat going up 2 flights of stairs, but my heart rate increases. Since I'm at a desk all day - during the course of the day, I (per my Fitbug) walk about 2 miles during my WORK HOURS - but I don't log that as exercise. I only log my actual walks.
    If I'm cleanign house - that means more walking, bending, lifting, moving, dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing. I dont' break a sweat doing it, but becuse I'm moving and the heart is moving more than just sitting - I log it.
    Ditto for the yard work - since I'm bending, squatting, lifting, hauling, raking, pruning, etc., I'm moving - and THAT'S why I log it.
    I easily go up 2 flights of stairs 5-10 times a day, but I don't list it. One day I was up/down 15 times - so I did log that ... that was out of the norm.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I used to log cleaning, but I don't anymore. But if it's a big day of hardcore cleaning i might do it, just depends if I feel I should count it or not, if I'm sweating my butt off and my heart rate is up I might, but not normally on the house cleaning. But if I am outside doing yard work I will log it because I get a really good workout doing that and I don't do it daily it's not a normal activity for me so I count it.
  • sylverkat
    sylverkat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do. Mostly because I have a young son and anything that I do that increases my heart rate I log and count. Also because I am on a low cal count (1200) and I want to eat my extra cals....