2 ways to start burning fat quickly

Options

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    This thread is very valuable information. I hope it gets me off my 2 week plateau, I'm gonna try it and see, thank you.
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    I worked out at 6 am for 2 weeks and lost double the amount I lost before and after. this experiment.

My problem is I cant keep it up so I am better off working out at night than not working out at all.

But my experiment showed proof working out in the morning was more effective. I was hungry for breakfast for the first time in my life, I had more energy for the entire day, and I lost double my normal loss.

So make the decision for yourself. This is all just info dudes!!

:flowerforyou:

I agree with you, working out period, is a goal in itself. Gotta do what you gotta do...it just erks me when people feel the need to discredit info that is tried and true, i'd rather have them post...you're a freaking idiot and everything you say is shiite so why bother opening your pie hole to tell us what worked for you, clearly you're wrong, because I have info to prove otherwise....:laugh: :laugh: whoa that was quite the vent. hee hee. :laugh:

Taking a chainsaw and cutting off your leg in the morning reduces your body weight too. It doesn't mean there aren't any negative effects. All the people above you are "venting" on were doing was providing the downside information. There is nothing wrong with people having all the information. If people prefer to ignore the fact that they are doing more harm than good to their bodies so they can be skinny and pretty...well that's what quick fix weight loss is I guess and it has been proven to draw the masses......
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    thanks for posting what works for you. It is interesting and to know it works for one makes it something to try to see if it works for me, too. Hope so. Thanks again
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I always work out in the morning because then I know have done my exercise for the day. If I do something else later...what a bonus!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
  • arewethereyet
    Options
  • arewethereyet
    Options
  • kgrc
    kgrc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have become disappointed in this forum.

A couple of you women were a little catty..It didn't come across to me that anyone was trying to discredit you...The other poster just had another view on the topic.

We appreciate to hear what works (ed) for you, but if there are any other info out there they may work in our (my) favor, I appreciate that as well.

it's obvious since "you guys" lost so much weight one way, It works for you...bravo.. AND may work for others....

We ALL know the benefits of working out first thing in the morning...

but working out in the morning AND having a small meal/piece of fruit before hand has also proven to be beneficial...

different strokes for different folks...You take some info/advice and you leave some...

I worked out at 6 am for 2 weeks and lost double the amount I lost before and after. this experiment.

My problem is I cant keep it up so I am better off working out at night than not working out at all.

But my experiment showed proof working out in the morning was more effective. I was hungry for breakfast for the first time in my life, I had more energy for the entire day, and I lost double my normal loss.

I agree with you, working out period, is a goal in itself. Gotta do what you gotta do...it just erks me when people feel the need to discredit info that is tried and true, i'd rather have them post...you're a freaking idiot and everything you say is shiite so why bother opening your pie hole to tell us what worked for you, clearly you're wrong, because I have info to prove otherwise....:laugh: :laugh: whoa that was quite the vent. hee hee. :laugh:

Taking a chainsaw and cutting off your leg in the morning reduces your body weight too. It doesn't mean there aren't any negative effects. All the people above you are "venting" on were doing was providing the downside information. There is nothing wrong with people having all the information. If people prefer to ignore the fact that they are doing more harm than good to their bodies so they can be skinny and pretty...well that's what quick fix weight loss is I guess and it has been proven to draw the masses......

Excuse me? I have lost 30 pounds over a 1 year period, I hardly feel that is a quick fix to get skinny. I eat healthy and exercise every day now and am in better shape than when I was 29.

Working out 1st thing in the morning makes perfect sense. When did the farmer farm, or the hunter hunt before all the machine took over? 1st thing in the morning, and they came home to a huge breakfast after sunrise.

I was only pointing out an experiment I did to see if it changed my metabolism. Starting my engine early in the day kept it running like a finely tuned Mustang GT all day long. It even needed more gas to run.

So WOW on your reponse to me. :ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
  • arewethereyet
    Options
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am another believer in working out first thing in the mornings. I tried going at night around 8pm after my dinner had settled and I just couldn't stick with it and didn't have much energy. Now, I wake up at 4:30, get to the gym at 5 and work out until around 6:15, then go home and have a great big breakfast :wink:

I love it and it has worked really well for me also. I just can't hardly do all the cardio and running on a full stomach but I know some people have to eat a little something before they work out so it is different for everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

You know, people who come to these forums should come with an open mind. Not a mindset where you're out to "out-do" someone's suggestions or way of doing things. I mean, really, we're all adults here. I have not seen ANY comments or suggestions in any of these forums that state "YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY OR YOU WON'T REACH YOUR GOALS."

Maybe, Jackyl, you just need to work on your delivery. Also, as you can see, we're a very close-knit group in these forums. We only offer up information and let each person decide on their own what is right for themselves. We just try to do it in a more supportive way. Not conescendingly. I see you're relatively new to this forum...
  • TheJackyl
    Options
    Which is exactly the point I was making in a rather extreme way to what I thought was a one-sided reply that goes against those sentiments.

Anyway, I think everyone has made their point. Let's all move on with more positive things shall we ?
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Very galant of you. I agree. If we can't feel as though we can express our opinions freely here, then the forums are useless.

Everyone have a great day!
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    I pray I'm not reviving the dead horse, but I certainly appreciate the "scientific backup" to *my* personal experience in needing a little sumthin' sumthin' in my tummy before I begin my 5am workout. It's reassuring to know I'm not necessarily hurting my efforts by eating a banana before I head out the door.

Thank you to everyone for offering the great information and feedback!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have become disappointed in this forum.

A couple of you women were a little catty..It didn't come across to me that anyone was trying to discredit you...The other poster just had another view on the topic.

We appreciate to hear what works (ed) for you, but if there are any other info out there they may work in our (my) favor, I appreciate that as well.

it's obvious since "you guys" lost so much weight one way, It works for you...bravo.. AND may work for others....

We ALL know the benefits of working out first thing in the morning...

but working out in the morning AND having a small meal/piece of fruit before hand has also proven to be beneficial...

different strokes for different folks...You take some info/advice and you leave some...

Excuse me? I have lost 30 pounds over a 1 year period, I hardly feel that is a quick fix to get skinny. I eat healthy and exercise every day now and am in better shape than when I was 29.

Working out 1st thing in the morning makes perfect sense. When did the farmer farm, or the hunter hunt before all the machine took over? 1st thing in the morning, and they came home to a huge breakfast after sunrise.

I was only pointing out an experiment I did to see if it changed my metabolism. Starting my engine early in the day kept it running like a finely tuned Mustang GT all day long. It even needed more gas to run.

So WOW on your reponse to me. :ohwell:

disappointed in a a forum topic...really, you're kidding right?:huh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Got this little tidbit in my inbox from my buddy...the "wolf man":wink: , thought i'd share it...god PLEASE come back and save me from the insanity!!!!!

I wake up...drink 16 oz of water and 1 cup black coffee
    then do 40 minutes on the exerbike...burn about 425 cals

I got this method from some sites where the guys are trying to get cut
    and are serious about it...the last thing they want to do is lose muscle mass

they are very pro on the idea of empty stomach am cardio if you are trying to lose weight or get cut
    it works for me as I stll have some to lose as most here do

the theory that you need to eat before doing any am cardio seems to apply to atheletes in training so they can get a more pefect heart workout and are not eactly trying to lose or get cut

alot of the "experts" here are spouting info that is for atheletes that have no weight to lose or for those trying to maximize the atheletic results of a workout and not the weight loss/toning effects of a workout

most of these gals just need to workout period and are not in any danger of losing muscle during an AM cardio session. they probably dont have the capability of a high intensity cardio session yet so these "experts" who discourage it and tell them to eat first are talking to the wrong audience

thanks for the post

GOSH I JUST LOVE THIS GUY....because he's just...well...right...just about all the time, except for the declawing of my cat:wink::tongue: hahaha!
  • Loma
    Loma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Thanks, MG-
    I miss him, too.:sad:
    How much longer?
  • TheJackyl
    Options
    Got this little tidbit in my inbox from my buddy...the "wolf man":wink: , thought i'd share it...god PLEASE come back and save me from the insanity!!!!!

I wake up...drink 16 oz of water and 1 cup black coffee
    then do 40 minutes on the exerbike...burn about 425 cals

I got this method from some sites where the guys are trying to get cut
    and are serious about it...the last thing they want to do is lose muscle mass

they are very pro on the idea of empty stomach am cardio if you are trying to lose weight or get cut
    it works for me as I stll have some to lose as most here do

the theory that you need to eat before doing any am cardio seems to apply to atheletes in training so they can get a more pefect heart workout and are not eactly trying to lose or get cut

alot of the "experts" here are spouting info that is for atheletes that have no weight to lose or for those trying to maximize the atheletic results of a workout and not the weight loss/toning effects of a workout

most of these gals just need to workout period and are not in any danger of losing muscle during an AM cardio session. they probably dont have the capability of a high intensity cardio session yet so these "experts" who discourage it and tell them to eat first are talking to the wrong audience

thanks for the post

GOSH I JUST LOVE THIS GUY....because he's just...well...right...just about all the time, except for the declawing of my cat:wink::tongue: hahaha!

The last thing I would call "guys are trying to get cut and are serious about it" is healthy. These guys starve their bodies for tiny percentages of body fat. If you want to know how to get cut then those are the guys to talk to, if you want to be healthy, you might want to pick a different group.

So it's good to feed you body before a workout if you're an athlete but it's good not to (or at least ok not to) if you're somebody who "probably dont have the capability of a high intensity cardio session"? If you don't have that capacity you probably are badly out of shape and overweight, in fact from pushing too hard with such conditions added to low blood sugar you could easily make yourself pass out.

Look, it's great it works for you and you're fit enough for your body to handle that kind of strain but the bottom line is it is not healthy for your body. If I was not a completely horrible morning person it is something I might even try myself. However, I would only do so because I am very aware of my fitness level and know the signs well when my body is telling me things aren't going right.

Not one person here has said do not do this and it is wrong. This appears to be important because you keep talking about who is right and who is wrong. All we have said is it there are risks. All that is important is having all the information before making a choice.