Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1200 calories per day...

I'm getting bored (after a week) with my current meal & snack combinations. Need some new ideas. Is there any way to see what other people on a 1200 calorie plan are eating?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    You could check out my diary, but only if you like cookies and pizza. My dinner is usually 1,200 or so.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    I started looking into cooking low calorie foods. www.skinnytaste.com www.hungrygirl.com and also Google. New food, New ideas, New ways to eat 1200 calories. :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Eat what you always ate. Just cut fat, sugar, bad carbs and portion size. Little changes make a big difference. Get yourself a food scale too.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Eat what you always ate. Just cut fat, sugar, bad carbs and portion size. Little changes make a big difference. Get yourself a food scale too.

^^^^^ THIS, but you are welcome to check out my diary!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 423 Member
    Mine is set at 1500 but open to the public.. feel free if it helps
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    I'm at 1270 per day without workout calories. You're welcome to add me and check out my diary.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I didn't eat that much when I was losing weight but you can check my diary for dates between Dec 2010 and June 2011 and you'll see what I ate that yielded about 800 to 1k cals (net).
  • The food scale is a must; plus, I've gotten quite fond of Chobani Greek Yogurt, medium apples, clementines, almonds (Blue Diamond has some great flavors), and air popped popcorn (the brand I use is 4 cups for 120 calories!!). Also, definitely get your water in. Good luck.
  • Mocha02
    Mocha02 Posts: 96
    Mine is 1200...but I dont have to stay at 1200 due to the extra calories I earned during exercise.
  • jgoatgirl
    jgoatgirl Posts: 21 Member
    I'm at 1300. My dairy is public if you wanna take a look, or friend me.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    I believe my diary is public. Feel free to peruse. (but not from Nov-Dec! lol)
  • how can I look at others' food diaries? I don't have any friends here yet.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm at 1300/cals, todays not a good example but you can check out my diary.

Feel free to add me too :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    I'm getting bored (after a week) with my current meal & snack combinations. Need some new ideas. Is there any way to see what other people on a 1200 calorie plan are eating?

I eat 1500 a day, feel free to check out my diary and just omit one of the snacks! Friend me if you want too.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    I eat a lot more than 1200, but if you cut my portions down, you might get some ideas.. my diary is public.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    how can I look at others' food diaries? I don't have any friends here yet.

Click on my screen name, go to my profile, there is a button that says "view diary".
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    how can I look at others' food diaries? I don't have any friends here yet.

Click on their profile and then click on View Diary.
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    I eat 1200 cals a day and my diary is open. Friend me if you'd like and you can see what I'm eating. while I do occasionally eat things not good for me (processed) I cook as much as possible. I recently bought hungry girl 300 under 300 and have enjoyed everything I've made so far. Right now I have a cheeseburger mack attack (noodles, cheese, 96% 4% ground beef and cauliflower) in my crockpot for dinner. 1 cup is 179 cals! Smells delicious. I made lasagna cupcakes (165cals a piece) out of won ton wrappers and I use egg roll wrappers often as well since there are only 60 cals in a large one. I use them to make pizza pockets and chicken pot pie pockets. My husband has loved everything I've been making so far.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 797 Member
    1310 calories is where my goal is at, i typically burn 600+ from cardio daily however I typically do not eat to make up the difference.
  • I use a food scale to weigh all my meats and meaure out all my serving sizes in measuring cup. I am only on my second week and I feel like it is already getting easier to do. I eat 1300 calories a day. :laugh: