1200 calories per day...

Options
I'm getting bored (after a week) with my current meal & snack combinations. Need some new ideas. Is there any way to see what other people on a 1200 calorie plan are eating?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    You could check out my diary, but only if you like cookies and pizza. My dinner is usually 1,200 or so.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I started looking into cooking low calorie foods. www.skinnytaste.com www.hungrygirl.com and also Google. New food, New ideas, New ways to eat 1200 calories. :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Eat what you always ate. Just cut fat, sugar, bad carbs and portion size. Little changes make a big difference. Get yourself a food scale too.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Eat what you always ate. Just cut fat, sugar, bad carbs and portion size. Little changes make a big difference. Get yourself a food scale too.

^^^^^ THIS, but you are welcome to check out my diary!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1500 but open to the public.. feel free if it helps
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1270 per day without workout calories. You're welcome to add me and check out my diary.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat that much when I was losing weight but you can check my diary for dates between Dec 2010 and June 2011 and you'll see what I ate that yielded about 800 to 1k cals (net).
  • kimjean
    Options
    The food scale is a must; plus, I've gotten quite fond of Chobani Greek Yogurt, medium apples, clementines, almonds (Blue Diamond has some great flavors), and air popped popcorn (the brand I use is 4 cups for 120 calories!!). Also, definitely get your water in. Good luck.
  • Mocha02
    Mocha02 Posts: 96
    Options
    Mine is 1200...but I dont have to stay at 1200 due to the extra calories I earned during exercise.
  • jgoatgirl
    jgoatgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1300. My dairy is public if you wanna take a look, or friend me.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I believe my diary is public. Feel free to peruse. (but not from Nov-Dec! lol)
  • marloorchard
    Options
    how can I look at others' food diaries? I don't have any friends here yet.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1300/cals, todays not a good example but you can check out my diary.

Feel free to add me too :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm getting bored (after a week) with my current meal & snack combinations. Need some new ideas. Is there any way to see what other people on a 1200 calorie plan are eating?

I eat 1500 a day, feel free to check out my diary and just omit one of the snacks! Friend me if you want too.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot more than 1200, but if you cut my portions down, you might get some ideas.. my diary is public.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options

Click on my screen name, go to my profile, there is a button that says "view diary".
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Click on their profile and then click on View Diary.
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 cals a day and my diary is open. Friend me if you'd like and you can see what I'm eating. while I do occasionally eat things not good for me (processed) I cook as much as possible. I recently bought hungry girl 300 under 300 and have enjoyed everything I've made so far. Right now I have a cheeseburger mack attack (noodles, cheese, 96% 4% ground beef and cauliflower) in my crockpot for dinner. 1 cup is 179 cals! Smells delicious. I made lasagna cupcakes (165cals a piece) out of won ton wrappers and I use egg roll wrappers often as well since there are only 60 cals in a large one. I use them to make pizza pockets and chicken pot pie pockets. My husband has loved everything I've been making so far.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    1310 calories is where my goal is at, i typically burn 600+ from cardio daily however I typically do not eat to make up the difference.
  • lmcallister1
    Options
    I use a food scale to weigh all my meats and meaure out all my serving sizes in measuring cup. I am only on my second week and I feel like it is already getting easier to do. I eat 1300 calories a day. :laugh: