30 day shred

Options

Replies

• michbe
    michbe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you estimate for your exercise log you burned?
  • MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    How many calories do you estimate for your exercise log you burned?

Betwwen 200-210
  • MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    I am on day 6 of the shred and day 7 of my diet, I gained a pound, but I hear this is normal, gaining muscle before I lose the fat. Is this happening to anyone else who is just starting?
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    Hi there, I'm starting it again tonight too. had great success with it back in the summer, and found the people on here doing at the same time really motivated me to keep on track, hopefully we'll be able to spur eachother on with it. I've had a very off the wagon christmas - first weigh in for two months today and have put 6 pounds on. Wish it came off as quickly as it goes on!!! Good luck everyone!
    Same issue here! I did two days of it last week, and then reverted back to holiday habits. :( I really need to get it together and get it back off. Starting fresh today!
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    Stick with it!! It is a great workout. Just did D1L3 yesterday! Oh boy! That is all I am going to say lol!

Level 3 is a bear...thats where I quit the last time I did it. But I'm going to stick with it this time.
  • sandylray
    sandylray Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Received the 30 day shred from Amazon on Friday. I went to exercise and discovered that our DVD player no longer works! So, I will be delayed until we get to a box store this week to pick up a new dvd player. At least I can still use our treadmill and ellipitcal until we do. I wanted the DVD because I got bored with exercise easily and need to change it up all of the time.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Just did day one and I'm not sore but I feel like jelly. The hardest part for me was the first strength part, it made my arms burn and I was ready to give up. But the rest wasn't so bad. I don't think I'm gonna do this every day because I'm still paying for the gym and I don't think I could gym and shred on the same day, but hopefully I'll do it every couple of days or so. (:
  • mav1181872
    mav1181872 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I purchased the DVD on Friday. So I sat and watched it yesterday. :) There was a point where it flashed phase 2 or something like that. Is the first workout day all the way to the cool down?
  • Breezy0810
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me, thought I was going to get up and workout before work, however, realized I was so sore I could barely move. Can anyone tell me at what the point the soreness gets little better, yesterday and today I could barely get up the stairs!
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Im starting today too..
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Breezy I feel the same! I'm two days in and OMG I ache so bad lol!!!
    I was going to take today as a rest day as I'm back to work tonight following my day shift but I feel like if I rest today I might not go back to it!
    I followed day 2 (last night) work out with 50 mins of yoga to really stretch out as I think the cool down is very short but I'm still just as sore today as I was following day 1.
    I too would really like to know when the ache gets better!
  • Breezy0810
    Options
    Breezy I feel the same! I'm two days in and OMG I ache so bad lol!!!
    I was going to take today as a rest day as I'm back to work tonight following my day shift but I feel like if I rest today I might not go back to it!
    I followed day 2 (last night) work out with 50 mins of yoga to really stretch out as I think the cool down is very short but I'm still just as sore today as I was following day 1.
    I too would really like to know when the ache gets better!

I probably should have streched more, maybe I will do that tonight and see if it helps but I'm definitely more sore today than I was yesterday. I thought about a rest day too, because I always heard that if you are really sore then you need to rest your muscles; however, I don't think that is what the workout is intended for. I am also afraid that if I don't do it tonight then I won't start it again. I've seen photos that show amazing results from this workout, so I'm really hoping I can suffer through it....30 days really isn't THAT long, right?!?! :)
  • choccay
    choccay Posts: 32
    Options
    Just finished day 5. Getting a bit bored with doing the same thing over and over.
    Someone suggested muting the dvd and blasting my own music instead, though, which helps a lot with motivation!
    Can't wait to start seeing some progress.
    I can't do it every single day (I usually have weekends off).. I hope this doesn't affect progress.
  • 175to125
    Options
    I did day nine this morning. I am so glad I didn't quit when I wanted to. It is so worth it! Keep at it! :D
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've just started L3 ... OW! But good! I took a break over Christmas/New Year, but even after L2, I see a difference and my body fat % is down :)
  • joanipowell
    joanipowell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 last week. I been doing gym sense but I would really like to stick with the shred. It is hard. So I know it must work. I would love some encouragement. think I will start with day 1 again tomorrow :)
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me, thought I was going to get up and workout before work, however, realized I was so sore I could barely move. Can anyone tell me at what the point the soreness gets little better, yesterday and today I could barely get up the stairs!

It will get better. I know what you mean about being so sore after the first day (for me) I am on D2L3. Level 2 is my favorite
  • Breezy0810
    Options

It will get better. I know what you mean about being so sore after the first day (for me) I am on D2L3. Level 2 is my favorite

I did it last night...more suffered through it, however, today I feel great, barelt sore at all! It definitely helps with the motivation :)
  • MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    I am on day 17 now (level 2) and haven't lost a pound. I am also on a strict diet, so frustrating!
  • smholbrook32
    smholbrook32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am new to all this fitness pal stuff but i am curious about the 30 day shred? what exactly is it and how do i go about getting it? is it expensive?