Insanity challegne-closed group

Options

Replies

• elimari25
    Options
    Started insanity today....fit test was tough!
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i'm in! doing day 5 when i get home from work... not looking forward to it with this cold!!!
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Meausurements and Fit Tests done Friday, 1-6

Measurements:
    Weight 114
    Waist 28
    Hips 37
    Forearm 10

FIt Test 1
    Switch Kicks 70
    Power Jacks 42
    Power Knees 70
    Power Jumps 35
    Globe Jumps 7
    Suicide Jumps 20
    Push-up Jacks 22
    Low Plan Oblique 32
  • cah1255
    Options
    okay so... finished pure cardio. you know it's bad when shawn t starts saying "oh my god" and collapses at the end, hahaha. anyway, it was really difficult for me to keep up. i kept having to stop and jog in place for a minute. i'm disappointed about that and so i'm thinking about re-doing pure cardio on my day off on wednesday. also.. a question for those who may have done this before.. i can really feel the after effects of the workouts in my calves. i don't really feel it in my abs at all though, which is bumming me out. does the ab work come later, or am i doing something wrong? i was really looking forward to toning my midsection.
  • twinsies041
    Options
    today was my rest day. I'm two weeks in. Looking forward to seeing some changes in my fit test results tomorrow. :)
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    okay so... finished pure cardio. you know it's bad when shawn t starts saying "oh my god" and collapses at the end, hahaha. anyway, it was really difficult for me to keep up. i kept having to stop and jog in place for a minute. i'm disappointed about that and so i'm thinking about re-doing pure cardio on my day off on wednesday. also.. a question for those who may have done this before.. i can really feel the after effects of the workouts in my calves. i don't really feel it in my abs at all though, which is bumming me out. does the ab work come later, or am i doing something wrong? i was really looking forward to toning my midsection.

You should be doing some ab working with the pure cardio. Im pretty sure that with the running while in plank works ur abs, u may not feel if or you just haven't done the cardio abs yet cuz I don't know how far along you are or what week u r in. But u will do the cardio abs with every pure cardio workout. Your working every part of your body but you may not feel it like you do with your legs cuz you do a top of running and jumping then. Anything else. If ur on week one the net week you are no gonna be sore with your calves at least for me it was like that. But don worry you are working your as and make sure to keep your core right with the whole workout cuz he does want you to push with your core sometimes which is your abs for certain jumping moves
  • Jenene88
    Options
    How is everyone's workout going??
  • cah1255
    Options
    okay, so i've made it a week now. i only weigh myself once a week, and today was the day. i have cut calories down to 1200 and have been doing insanity everyday, so i was excited to see the results. to my surprise, i gained 1.5 lbs!!! i don't understand! it is very discouraging because i have been working so hard!! i don't know if muscle mass can account for the weight gain, but it seems unlikely as i have only been doing insanity for a week! i weighed myself at night, (around 9:30 pm) which i suppose could have affected the numbers, but i had only had a special K bar in the morning on my way out the door.
    i just don't know. i am feeling very discouraged now.
  • Jenene88
    Options
    If u r going to weigh ur self do it in the moring cuz later at night u will has all the food in you from throughout the day. I would weigh myself in the moring to get a better reading
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    i did recovery today its crazy how you can sweat so much just by stretching and man do those pulses hurt my weigh in is in 2 days
  • Jenene88
    Options
    i did recovery today its crazy how you can sweat so much just by stretching and man do those pulses hurt my weigh in is in 2 days

It is crazy!! The pulses kill my legs! But at te end you feel so good! I hate the runner stretch the most
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just finished Pure Cardio. My calves are on fire!!! It wasn't easy but I took it one segment at a time and got through it!

Good luck everyone!
  • jayne215
    jayne215 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing good with Insanity...this is the end of my week 2 and Monday is my fit test....my first fit test was pretty pathetic cuz I'm definitely outta shape plus I have asthma! I can already tell a difference in my endurance and my clothes are getting loose! Yay....I will post my first fit test results after I complete my second on Monday!
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    Oooh, can I join? I'm on W2 D2 :)
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I did my second go around of Cardio Recovery. It seems like the hardest of them so far. My legs just burn and I cannot stay down in the squats as long as he wants us to. I did much better with Pure Cardio second time around so was frustrated that I did not do better with Cardio Recovery today.
  • eatrunstretch
    Options
    ShaunT quote of the day, "this **** is bananas yo!"
  • eatrunstretch
    Options
    wow, seriously MFP, we can't type **** without it coming up as ****? This isn't a kids' website!
  • Jenene88
    Options
    U really can't write ****??
  • Jenene88
    Options
    Oooh, can I join? I'm on W2 D2 :)

Yes u can
  • cah1255
    Options
    i had to work extra late tonight and missed my workout! do you think it will matter too much if i skip the cardio recovery disc to try to get back on schedule? it's a lot of stretching, so it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal to miss..