30 Day Shred

Options
I've seen a lot of mention of this dvd on this site, and i want to get in on the Jillian Fever too. But I have one question:
How do you log the 30 Day Shred in the exercise log? Do you just call it calisthenics, or do you break down the time into separate cardio & strength? Let me know!
I'm about to take on the 30 Day Shred in a way I haven't heard anyone else say they've tried; I want to add levels instead of switching. Basically, when level 1 gets easy, I want to add level 2 onto it, and when that gets easy, add level 3 into it. Eventually, the 20 minute workout will end up being 60 minutes (all three levels). So I guess my 2 questions are:

1) How do you ShredHeads log your 30DS time?
2) Is it a bad idea to attempt to add all the levels together gradually?

Replies

• Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    im starting 30 day shred today...ive seen other people log it as circuit training general think it works out around 200 ish cals for the 20 mins
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey. I just log the 30DS as Circuit training, as do a few people on here. I probably wouldn't rush into the levels but depends on your fitness. The first 2 times killed me to the point I could hardly move, but not it's a little easier, but after 5 days don't think I'm ready just yet to move on. Hope this helps.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Most people log it as circuit training unless they have a heart rate monitor.

For the adding tactic, I'd suggest you at least try level two and level three on their own, before adding them on top of level one.

Have fun!
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of mention of this dvd on this site, and i want to get in on the Jillian Fever too. But I have one question:
    How do you log the 30 Day Shred in the exercise log? Do you just call it calisthenics, or do you break down the time into separate cardio & strength? Let me know!
    I'm about to take on the 30 Day Shred in a way I haven't heard anyone else say they've tried; I want to add levels instead of switching. Basically, when level 1 gets easy, I want to add level 2 onto it, and when that gets easy, add level 3 into it. Eventually, the 20 minute workout will end up being 60 minutes (all three levels). So I guess my 2 questions are:

1) How do you ShredHeads log your 30DS time?
    2) Is it a bad idea to attempt to add all the levels together gradually?
    wowzas, good luck! I have tried this DVD about 5 times and last night was the only time I have managed to get all the through level 1 without giving up lol. I wore a HRM last night, and it was just one calorie over what aerobics, general gives calorie wise, so I woudl say thats a pretty safe bet. Once I have completed level 3, I do plan on kind of doing what your doing, but I want to have done level 3 before I try and get all the way through lol hahaha :) Good luck on the 30DS. I love JM, she is such an inspiration, and I can already feel myself being shredded!
  • chaineyart
    Options
    I did the shred for the first time last night and wore a HRM, and I burned roughly 300cals with it. (Rough figure only because I did a 30min jog on treadmill beforehand so I don't have an accurate breakdown of the exact cals of yesterday's workout.) I then just created a new exercise under cardio and logged it there. I'll try and get a more accurate figure tonight. Obviously calorie burn doing the 30DS will vary depending on your height, weight, lean mass, vo2 max etc etc etc though.... But it was roughly 300cals.
  • CandiceS86
    CandiceS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did L3+L1 right after each other and that was pretty hard I must say. I used a HRM and I burned 505 calories. When I only do one level I usually burn between 220 and 250 calories per level. Someday I will try to do all the levels at once, but not yet! Two levels was enough for now!
  • EbonyEthereal
    Options
    Thanks so much for the input, everyone. Wish me luck, every time i tried 30DS, I end up quitting because I'm sore for 3 days after doing it. Not this time, dag nabbit! I'm not quitting until I've mastered it.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I do 4 classes a week with a little bit of cardio on top of some of those sessions AND...I do 30DS twice a week! I need that Wednesday off to rest as my body needs it! Listen to your body and try your best! The dvd is pretty good for fast results! For some daft reason I didn't find the stretches at the end all that easy, I should do, I used to do yoga. I think I need to take it up again! Good luck everyone who's doing 30DS!!!