Wii Active and calories burned

Options
Does anyone here have a HRM and use Wii Active? I am sweating my butt off (literally!) and in 20 min it says I am only burning about 150-180 calories. I am 286 pounds, so I think I must be burning more than than, but I don't have a HRM. Should I enter it as circuit training in MFP instead of doing the calories estimated by the game?

Replies

• mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I did it today for the first time! Day one of the 30 day challenge. I selected a intermediate work out and the calories were almost dead on with my HRM. I had to enter it in as less time exercised :grumble: because the calories for circuit training was too high.

would be interested in hearing what other are logging it in as but for today that will do.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Is the Wii Active something new? Is it the same thing as Wii Fit? I've also heard of Wii Sport (I think). I've heard a lot of people mention Wii and exercise, and I was thinking of buying the exercise game. I am just not sure exactly what it is called. Thanks for any help.
    Zaza
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It is a new game that just came out, it is different than the Wii Fit. It uses a leg strap to track your movements. It is like a circuit training exercise, has cardio and strength training. You can build your own workout, or use ones that are programmed.
  • laurae
    laurae Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've worn my HRM while doing the exercises and I find I burn at least double what EA Active says.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    So we have one person that is right on, one that is double...looks like I need to get an HRM! But they are so pricey...
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Heartratemonitersusa.com, when I got mine they were doing free overnight shipping.