"Walk at Home" with Leslie Sansone ROCKS!

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    i've done her videos more than any other exercise and i love them! i've found the 4 mile walk vid with the resistance band and i only do the first 3 miles usually. 15 min, 12 min, then 10 min with the boosted walking. it is the perfect combo of walking, aerobic, and cardio exercises. i'm sweating by the 2nd mile and am losing weight because of it. looking on her site for more boosted walking vids. good luck with her!

I have this video and a 5 mile video but the one I use the most since I got it is called 2 miles of Intervals. That is 30 minutes that range from 4, 5 and 5.5 mile walking - with 3 2-minute boosts to jogging... this one is intense for me and I'm sweating by the second boost (and so are Leslie and friends!) and by the cool down and stretching I'm grateful it's over but I love it! Love it!

I see she has two new DVDs coming out on October 4... but I have 3 so far and I think I'll wait...

This is the only cardio I've done since I've started... and I know it's helping with my weight loss!
  • sudoil
    Options
    I bought 4 Fast Miles at Walmart about a month and a half ago and now I am hooked on all of Leslie's DVDs. She is so genuine and I look forward to walking with her and her "sisters".I also joined the "Walk at Home Club" online. I do have a mini mile DVD also that I use every morning. It's great to jump start your day. It's definatley working for me, lost 5 pounds so far and feeling better already.
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am getting a few of her DVD's from a friend and cannot wait to get started, but only when the weather is to bad to go out~ thanks for the great reviews!!
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I will check it out.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Wow.... this sounds like it's just what I need. I am unable to do any real physical impact exercising because of a bad knee problem I have, but I can walk! I'll have to check it out. Right now I'm just doing some of the low impact stuff on my Wii Fit.... but I'm already tired of that.

Thanks for the recommendation!
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love love love Leslie Sansone! I do the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk. I love it. I haven't been able to do it too much lately because I don't have the space any more =(
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I've been using her 1 mile express "Try It" vids
    until I'm able to get her dvds.
    LOVE Walk at Home!!!! :heart:
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie"s DVD's. I have several and they are a workout. I've been walking outside lately just to get some fresh air. But I feel like walking with her DVd's give more of a workout. I sweat with them and feel like I've really got a workout when I get through.She works the whole body instead of just walking outside. As she says' this is a power walk and I believe it.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I love leslie's videos. She is so upbeat. They are really fun to use. I have several of them. I also have her resistance band and her original weighted balls that she used in the beginning. Definately worth the purchase. Will be buying more for sure.
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow.... this sounds like it's just what I need. I am unable to do any real physical impact exercising because of a bad knee problem I have, but I can walk! I'll have to check it out. Right now I'm just doing some of the low impact stuff on my Wii Fit.... but I'm already tired of that.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I have to watch how much impact exercise I do, also. I just did a 2-mile walk session of hers (I have her Walk Away the Pounds-For Your Week, which evidently is a compilation of some of her videos, w/everything from a 17 min 1-mile session to a 5 mile session) and as they were doing the different moves--walking, kicks, sidesteps, lunges, etc--she would talk about how you could modify if you needed to. I just didn't go down very far for anything that involved the knee being bent and I didn't step real high when they picked up the steps. But I definitely felt the moves in my muscles, and the stretch band that came with my DVD was fun and easy to use for the resistence exercises for arms, etc.
  • sharrrina
    sharrrina Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Leslie! I have Fibromyalgia and there was a time just moving from sitting to standing was painful. My muscles were so under conditioned. I started with Leslie's, 1 mile easy brisk walk..I started to build up more endurance and confidence. I now go to the gym and use the Nautilus machines , treadmill, I jog, I walk up to 4 miles sometimes more in an hour...her weight balls and resistance bands help tone as well as strengthen. Leslie's videos got me off the couch, in better shape, weight loss and biggest bonus...I have less flare ups! I just can't say enough about her DVD's and what they have personally helped me accomplish. You can start off slowly and there are modifications as well. Best of luck to you!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love her DVD's too! I actually loved them too much and jumped in to much to soon. After a couple weeks I was doing up to 9 miles a day with her walks and had started the boosted walks and the jog DVD. Somehow I hurt both of my feet/ankles in the process with so much repetitive motion when I wasn't used to it and was in bad shape for a couple weeks. I'm finally pretty much healed but when I tried one of her workouts the other day it immediately made my one ankle start aching so I don't think I'm ready to do them yet. I'm doing Jillian Michaels RI30 this month instead with some Pilates for stretching and I am hoping by next month I can slowly start to add her walks back in. She's really great!
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love her!