What are your weaknesses?

Options

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Chips. I can't just take them out of my house because when I have an intense craving I will leave the house and drive to the store to buy them. What worked for me best was the 90 calorie bags of crispy minis. I figure if I crack and eat two bags then I've only had 180 calories and by the second bag I force myself to stop.
    I'm also a bored and emotional snacker. I'm trying to get a better handle on it too.

You just reminded me....Doritoes. So hard to resist!
  • mlybrn
    mlybrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think whatever I deny myself will become my weakness. I always thought I could take bread or leave it, but since I've started limiting my carb intake, all I want is a big white bread sandwich!
    Chocolate will always be my weakness, although when I'm dieting I miss it less than carbs.
  • raharper1
    Options
    I struggle with late evening nibbling. I don't know why, I'll do great all day long, then start grazing at night .... right before bed!!
  • matthewinastoria
    Options
    Pizza is a big one, and lasagna, and mexican food... The awesome thing about MFP is I don't have to cut it all out, I eat smaller portions, and work out for an hour plus every night. The reason I have been so successful this time around is because I don't have to cut any specific items out. It's also pretty hard to eat something when I go to add it and I see the caloric count on it is super high, with that I guess I would have to add milk shakes too.... but none of it compares to how I feel when I get on the scale and see I've dropped 55 pounds so far.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    full frontal nudity....gets me everytime...

food wise, chocolate milk. Love me some chocolate milk.

ROFLMAO!!
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Beer, wine, and fast food. I do much better avoiding all three these days but still enjoy them as part of my diet when the calories fit. We are having a pizza and a movie night Thursday with the kids and I am SO looking forward to a slice or two!

THERE ARE CALORIES IN WINE?!?! LOL! I know, that's a big one for me, too. I've been known to skip a meal so I can enjoy some wine that evening :drinker:
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    For me it's restaurant food. I do really well cooking at home - lean protein with a salad or steamed veggies. I just CANNOT do that at a restaurant! I can't even order a side salad with my burger or sandwich - it has to be fries! Nowadays I don't eat all the fries but I still get fries :smile:

And now I'm hungry ... for fries!
  • srhug
    srhug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and Salsa. Whenever I let myself buy a snackfood, I go for the chips and salsa and I eat them til they're gone.I wish I had an alternative here. Ideas?
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    my weakness is that if i touch any junk food like say a small chocolate thn i'll eat junk food all day long
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    pasta and chocolate
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and red wine...and they tend to go hand in hand for me! Grrr.

Eating when I'm bored is another, trying to work on that.
  • NattieJoan
    Options
    Cakes and sweet stuff when I'm bored :/
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Oh mine are definitely pizza, cheese, and red wine! I don't care too much for sweets but if I do get a craving for chocolate, I can have one small piece and be satisfied. BUT, put a block of cheese or a pizza in front of me and I will eat myself silly!
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    mine is also wanting to eat everything while making the kids food. iv got one more which i really struggle with. dipping buiscuits in tea, iv managed to control it so far but i'm only a week into my diet. i know i will get over it eventually :smile:
  • juvinurse
    juvinurse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I am working, (7p-7a in a hospital) I find that when I am computer charting, I want to have something to munch on. Prior to starting my weight loss endeavor, there was no problem....eating whatever. But now, I am finding it a little difficult to find finger foods that are healthy and low-cal. My best, so far, are baby carrots with a low-fat honey dijon dressing to dip them in. But I am getting a little tired of them. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.
  • the3erwins
    the3erwins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We don't bring much junk food into the house. It's the break room at work that is dangerous. There is always a box of pizza lying around, or a tray of cookies. Gotta stay outta there!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and Salsa. Whenever I let myself buy a snackfood, I go for the chips and salsa and I eat them til they're gone.I wish I had an alternative here. Ideas?

I have learned to dip celery or carrot chips or cauliflower in salsa.. I miss chips but i just cant eat a normal size portion
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    Options
    also an emotional eater, my major weakness food wise though is pizza and pasta.
  • snp707
    snp707 Posts: 3
    Options
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! I cannot have it in the house. You buy a family block, I'll eat the whole lot in one hit. The cravings are unbearable!
    I have issues with stopping at one or two alcoholic drinks as well.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    cheese, chocolate and bread...I am also bad about resisting other stuff, but no one really needs to know that lol