Grinding your own meat

Options
dargytaylor
dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
does anybody do this? I received a meat grinder for christmas (an attachment to my kitchen aid), and YES! I love it!

I have so far only ground my own beef for burgers. What a difference in taste!

Any good recipes out there? Or other ideas what to grind?

Replies

• vickie28
    vickie28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I grind boneless chicken breast to make chicken burgers-- yum :)
  • katepan
    katepan Posts: 10
    Options
    I grind my chicken and turkey meat. I love breakfast patties made from that. Just add powdered garlic and any spices you like and voila!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    we grind our own venison. for sausage we add equal amounts of pork and then add whatever we like to suit our fancy that day. cheese, kraut... you name it.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ive ground chicken breasts for buffalo chicken burgers before. i also grind my own beef. oh and pork for scrapple
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! chicken or turkey was next on my list of tries
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a grinder, you can just use a food processor. I try to grind everything myself, when possible, but then again, when I go to a good butcher, they can do it for me. It's part of their job. :wink:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have samson juicer that can grind meat, make noodle and can juice wheatgrass.
    I ground chicken breast. It's way cheaper than buy ground turkey and less fat.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Make your own sausages!!!! That would require the appropriate attachments, the 'casing' and a great palate for making the mix!

Its an excellent opportunity to purchase steaks on sale and ground your own meats instead of paying the high prices of ground beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc....
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    we have been wanting a meat grinder. santa didn't bring us one. we just might have to get it for us for valentines day.