Bread thread question

Options
I'm trying to get back on track with my diet. I always feel guilty eating any kind of bread. I never eat white bread, I try to do 100% whole wheat, or weight watchers or something like that. Right now I am using Wrap-Itz whole wheat wraps.They are 120 calories, 2.5 fat, 20 carbs, 1 sugar, and 3 g protein. First ingredient is stone ground 100% whole wheat.
What bread do you recommend? Are there any of you who do not eat bread? I am not trying to go low carb. I eat brown rice and whole wheat pasta, as well as cous cous and other grains. I have been hearing a lot of conflicting research that says bread should not be used a lot. What are your opinions and advice? Thanks!

Replies

• calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel! It's delicious, 80 calories a slice and preservative free :)
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel! It's delicious, 80 calories a slice and preservative free :)

I've always wanted to try this - I'm going to make a point to look for it at the store this weekend.

I use Arnold sandwich thins - multi grain. The only NI I can recall right now is that they are 100 calories.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that I eat regular (not WW or 'diet') bread when I feel like it, and I make it fit in my macros and calories for the day. There is very little difference between whole grain breads and white breads, so eat what you prefer.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I love Arnold thin breads.. whole wheat.. 100 calories each.

http://www.arnoldbread.com/Thins/DescriptionProduct.aspx?sSku=7341013546
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

What bread do you recommend? Are there any of you who do not eat bread? I am not trying to go low carb. I eat brown rice and whole wheat pasta, as well as cous cous and other grains. I have been hearing a lot of conflicting research that says bread should not be used a lot. What are your opinions and advice? Thanks!

Fresh baked bread from a bakery, the actual type depends on the application ie sandwich, toast, garlic bread, bread pudding etc
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Bread is good. I eat bread.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Although I eat no grains I consider all bread - even whole grain - far removed from unrefined grains. That was the first thing I removed from my diet when I headed down the road of "no grain". It is still processed flour that has had everything except the calories removed and then vitamins/minerals added back in.

Not to mention all the other stuff that comes with the flour. And all the "stuff" that comes with the entire grain.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    I use Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful bread. It is only 45 calories a slice and pretty good stuff.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I use Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful bread. It is only 45 calories a slice and pretty good stuff.
    Me too, I always go with the 100% Whole Wheat.
  • Mythrain1
    Mythrain1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Although I eat no grains I consider all bread - even whole grain - far removed from unrefined grains. That was the first thing I removed from my diet when I headed down the road of "no grain". It is still processed flour that has had everything except the calories removed and then vitamins/minerals added back in.

Not to mention all the other stuff that comes with the flour. And all the "stuff" that comes with the entire grain.

Why did you decide to remove grains? As far as bread, white or wheat or whatever else, I really feel like that is a main cause for my weight gain. I always feel bloated after eating it, and after eating a packed lunch of sandwiches for a week or 2, I gain weight- even if I am in my calorie guidelines. One of my friends uses lettuce in place of bread, so she always has a rolled sandwich. Thinking about going that route...
  • Bon226
    Bon226 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump