Replies

• psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    will definitely give this a try!!
  • NINAjustdoit
    NINAjustdoit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I have never even heard of Shirataki noodles and after seeing this posting decided to give them a shot .... soooo glad I did!! They are awesome, quick, taste like Mr. Noodle and I still can't believe the whole package is only 40cal!!!

They smell fishy, but once you rinse them are fine and there is NO fish taste after they are cooked!

Here is what I did:

I Just tossed them in a frying pan after spraying the pan with cooking spray (40cal)

added some broccoli, sprouts, red peppers (30cal)

tossed in some left over chicken (70cal)

added 2 tbs of a sesame and ginger teriyaki sauce I had at home (60cal) ... ANY Asian sauce works.

cook for about 4 min

... and voila! You have a HUGE bowl of awesome stir-fry for 200 calories!! I just finished mine and am FULL!! I will probably ony use 1/2 the package next time because it was a lot of food!!

Thank you soooo much, Shirataki noodles are going to become a regular at my house!
  • misselk
    misselk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked shirataki noodles- they are just too fishy flavored for me :( oh well
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    it was good.. i missed the hot sauce and the bullion cubes don't dissolve so you need bullion powder.. but it was good
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I have never even heard of Shirataki noodles and after seeing this posting decided to give them a shot .... soooo glad I did!! They are awesome, quick, taste like Mr. Noodle and I still can't believe the whole package is only 40cal!!!

They smell fishy, but once you rinse them are fine and there is NO fish taste after they are cooked!

Here is what I did:

I Just tossed them in a frying pan after spraying the pan with cooking spray (40cal)

added some broccoli, sprouts, red peppers (30cal)

tossed in some left over chicken (70cal)

added 2 tbs of a sesame and ginger teriyaki sauce I had at home (60cal) ... ANY Asian sauce works.

cook for about 4 min

... and voila! You have a HUGE bowl of awesome stir-fry for 200 calories!! I just finished mine and am FULL!! I will probably ony use 1/2 the package next time because it was a lot of food!!

Thank you soooo much, Shirataki noodles are going to become a regular at my house!

OMG that sounds sooo good totally gonna try that
  • Fashionista012
    Fashionista012 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i just logged in my meal and 3 chicken bullion cubes has about 8000 mg of sodium. Be careful with that. I am sure I used the wrong amount. Otherwise was great, thank you!!

I wish I could go back and edit the post but it won't let me. The chicken paste I use is ready made and great for starting a stock. When I buy boullion cubes I buy the lower sodium ones. I've even found some, on occasion, that are sodium free. Veggie stock cubes are fine, too.

Losing 64 pounds dropped my blood pressure so much that I don't pay much attention to sodium anymore. I went from a steady 145/88 to a rock solid 107/70-- without medication.

I need to do a long post on shirataki noodles because I make them every day and fix then dozens of different ways.

please do! this post helped me so much, now i love these noodles and they are so filling!!! i am in love
  • looking4lisa
    looking4lisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I am gonna try this later this week!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mark from MDA just had a post on shirataki noodles. They can be included in a primal diet if you are missing the pasta, although he has never tried them. So I would probably add some fat and a little more protein to this dish when I have that feeling like I just want to get full.
  • ksbob
    ksbob Posts: 4
    Options
    I just made them. Just Do IT! They were great. You can add about anything you want. I stayed with the original recipe and loved them. Dont let them noodles fool you. They taste good.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    These are a staple in my WOE. I have them several times per week and they are so super versatile. One thing I like to do is make a soup with any sort of broth, any vegetables you like, and rinse then add the noodles.

I use the regular shirataki without tofu, and I really like them. I get them at my local Asian store for less than $2 per package, but can find them at my regular grocery store for about $3/package and sometimes on sale for less than that. When they're on sale, I stock up because they keep for ages!

I also like to stir fry them with some light Laughing Cow cheese, any flavor, and whatever vegetables and protein I feel like that day. So yummy!

If you make sure to rinse them well, there is no fishy smell or taste. If you pan fry them it makes the texture more like "regular" pasta. I don't pan fry them before adding them to soup, because I like the denser almost snap they give in the soup.

These are definitely and item you can play with. I haven't tried the "rice" version yet because they don't have it in my area, but I understand I can chop up the noodles to make rice.

I did try shirataki dumplings and did not care for them. They were just TOO big and TOO dense.
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vashtione
    Options
    bump!:bigsmile:
  • silvereve
    silvereve Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bumpp
  • MikaylaMuddled