HGC Maintenance

Options
Let's talk about our problems and successes... I have a problem to start with.

I am on day 38 of phase 4 and still can't combine carbs into my diet. The moment I do, my weights does a upswing. Yesterday I ate:
Peanuts
Salad
Roast Beef
Pickles
Wings

And I gained 6lbs. I don't know what to do anymore and I am desperate, please help!

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    will have to talk to a nutritionist or the dr who put you on this. That is the problem with a 500 calorie diet. I think no matter what you do, if you try to eat 1400- 1500 calories you're going to gain some weight.
    I guess... go to 1200, work off the weight you gain the RIGHT way and then try to maintain at 1500/1600 cal with a healthy variety of food & exercise
    it's so working for me and others on here
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't really know much about HGC, but the foods you mentioned besides the salad are all loaded with salt.. Could that maybe have something to do with it?
  • kmmurray
    kmmurray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need to go back to how you prepared foods during phase 2, like if you're eating wings obviously they can't have sauce on them besides lemon and herbs, salad can only be eatin without dressing and any meat you are eating needs to be completely stripped of fat and only eaten in 4oz increments.