30 day shred

I'm on day 3 of the 30 day shred. I'm not feeling anything in my abs at all. I have started feeling mild soreness in my chest back and arms today. Am I doing it right? I use 3 lb. weights and the last few curls and lifts are tough. I have a hard time with the jumping jacks and jump rope. I can't keep up with them but I try to do as much as I can. Also how would I know how many calories I am burning? I am 4'10 and weigh 120 lbs.

Replies

• boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    In order to accurately be sure what you are burning, you would need a HRM. I did it twice last week, first time I burned 190 calories, second only 160.

Also, I would think that if the last few of any rep is tough, then you are going correctly. There is not much you can do to mess up a crunch. lol
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 619 Member
    HRM like already said is the best way to monitor, but i usually log it as "aerobics, general" for 20 minutes

There are certain things you may not be doing right, which is the downside of watching a video and not having an actual person there to critique you, but given that you havent mentioned any pain and the exercises here are pretty simple, I'd say you might need heavier weights - I use 5s or 8s depending on the exercise, but if three is all you can do, then three is all you can do

how often are you doing it as well - oh and the cardio stuff will get easier
  • so far it's been everyday. My abs and arms are the bigggest problem areas. I would appreciate any other tipps also. Thank you
  • erm511
    erm511 Posts: 16
    Just keep going. I used 3lb weights and although I wasn't as sore as the 7 minutes I tried to run yesterday, I noticed inches lost. :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    The level 1 ab exercises are very very basic, they get more difficult in level 2 and 3. Also, even though you say it gets tough to do some exercises with the 3 lb weights, you may find that for some exercises you can bump up to 5 lb.