Anyone here try to Fast?

Options
I have been doing intermittent fasting for a month and it is awesome! I am now free from the bondage of having to eat small meals every few hours. I have an appreciation for food that I have never had before! I will go all day without eating and then have a large dinner. Still running a calorie deficit. Still making gains at the gym. Focused all day with plenty of energy. Sometimes I skip a whole day and night of eating. Feel great the next day. I havent had a bloated feeling since I started. Anyone else experimenting with IF?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I "mini" fast by not eating breakfast 5 days a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Not me. I don't think its good to do. I don't feel shackled by eating when my body needs it and it does turn out to be every few hours. I can literally feel my blood sugar drop when I am hungry. But, hey, whatever works for you :)
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I tried it last Sunday, and I felt great! I fasted for the day, wasn't hungry at all. I even went to the mall with my daughter and walked around for an hour, still not hungry. I got up Monday morning and went to the gym for my 60 minute of walking on incline and I did fine. Only when I came back, I felt hungry so I had my protein shake and also some oatmeal with banana. I am back to my "normal" eating schedule now, but thinking of doing one everyday Sunday for a little while. I was surprise how good I felt.
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'll be fasting for a good reason. It's for a health assessment test to see how healthy I am. I cannot eat or drink anything til the afternoon.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I intermittently fast approximately four days a week, and then the days I work 14 hours I eat two meals, one at 2pm and one at 8pm.

I feel more energized throughout the day without food weighing me down. I still eat a sufficient number of calories.