why the fudge...

Options
is the biggest looser UK sponsered by subway?!!!!

a flippin KFC or Macdonalds is healthier than a subway for crying out loud!!

I know subway is packed with salad - wich is obvs healthy. but what about the bread, crisps, cookies, muffins, fizzy pop, some of the meat?!! :angry:

a weightloss programme should be sponsered by something encouraging and motivating to help others (like me) who watch it and are on a weightloss journey!! I dont want to see a flipping sub fly past the screen when alls i think about late a night is food!!:explode:

sorrry rant over ha!x

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. Check you specifics before making generalizations. Healthy intake depends on overall consumption and your choice of what you eat.

Subway offers easy options and means for better choices.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I can't watch the Biggest Loser anymore because of their product placement ads during the show; it annoys me too much!

The last season they kept going to Subway and talking about the low-cal options, and the Jennie-O turkey, blah blah blah! I eat what I want, dangit! I bet Subway makes bank off of it though.

And I disagree that Subway is worse than KFC or McD's. It's healthier to get a sandwich rather than a BigMac, and they are advertising based on that, and ignore the "options" of crisps, cookies, etc. It's all about making mindful decisions. It'd be great if they had more sponsors telling about the benefits of avoiding fast food and doing your own cooking, but I don't see that happening.

Plus... sandwiches are delicious. Mmm!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. Check you specifics before making generalizations. Healthy intake depends on overall consumption and your choice of what you eat.

yeaa but i dont think anyone wants to see food on the screen that time of night when its on! when late night eating is a struggle for alot of people loosing weight!
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    to big daddy!!!

it was a rant.....as the girl says...she wasnt looking for fact finding or an ear bashing for not checking the nutritional value of the food... lighten up man.

Rant over.

L.x
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I can't watch the Biggest Loser anymore because of their product placement ads during the show; it annoys me too much!

The last season they kept going to Subway and talking about the low-cal options, and the Jennie-O turkey, blah blah blah! I eat what I want, dangit! I bet Subway makes bank off of it though.

And I disagree that Subway is worse than KFC or McD's. It's healthier to get a sandwich rather than a BigMac, and they are advertising based on that, and ignore the "options" of crisps, cookies, etc. It's all about making mindful decisions. It'd be great if they had more sponsors telling about the benefits of avoiding fast food and doing your own cooking, but I don't see that happening.

congratulations
  • xSophia19
    Options
    to big daddy!!!

it was a rant.....as the girl says...she wasnt looking for fact finding or an ear bashing for not checking the nutritional value of the food... lighten up man.

Rant over.

L.x

:laugh:

oh Lisa! gotta love ya! thanks hahaha! it just makes me wounder why a food based thing has to sponser a weightloss programme?! =/

guess ill never find out since people want to jump right at my throat all the time! :frown:
  • siouxperwoman
    Options
    I went to Subway yesterday, and demanded that they give me a nutritional guide before I ordered anything. They looked around for a good 10 minutes, and I waited patiently.

I love that Subway has healthy options, and you're able to make those choices. BUT, you're right. They do try to advertise the fact that their food is all healthy, and that's not true!

Just make sure you always get a nutrition guide and look over it before being pressured into ordering!!! I was surprised at somethings I thought were healthy, weren't!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

yeaa but i dont think anyone wants to see food on the screen that time of night when its on! when late night eating is a struggle for alot of people loosing weight!
    Then turn off the TV and go exercise. There is no 'bad' food without taking into context your nutritional needs. Even fast food and yes...Subway included, can be incorporated into a healthy diet, if it's done to fit within your nutritional macros.
  • killagb
    Options
    Also...show me just about ANY show on that doesn't have some sort of food related sponsor...so like I said...if you want to avoid it, don't watch it.
  • killagb
    Options
    to big daddy!!!

Rant over.

L.x

:laugh:

oh Lisa! gotta love ya! thanks hahaha! it just makes me wounder why a food based thing has to sponser a weightloss programme?! =/

guess ill never find out since people want to jump right at my throat all the time! :frown:
    Because it's a popular show and people will see their advertisement. The show likes the money paid to them by said advertiser. Quite simple, really.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why someone would use the word "fudge" out of frustration! I love sweets and this really makes me feel like I should go home and make myself a nice six-pound batch of milk chocolate fudge.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Why is a rant about subway in the Fitness and Exercise board?
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Cuz if Jared can lose however many pounds eatting "only" subway they figure other people can too ... just gotta pay attention to what you're ordering :smile:
  • sonjawi
    sonjawi Posts: 46
    Options
    And while reading this topic MFP shows me a banner for 10 dollar pizza at pizzahut :laugh: Won't get me to not use MFP anymore though...
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Though i do like going to McDonallds and getting 2 double doubles, and a McChicken and layering it all together. Of course i'm bulking so i want all those extra calories (:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Not necessarily

Big Mac:
    Calories 540
    Total Fat 29g
    Sat Fat 10g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 1040mg
    Carbs 45g
    Protein 25g

Foot Long Philly Cheese Steak:
    Calories 1000
    Total Fat 34g
    Sat Fat 18g
    Cholesterol 170mg
    Sodium 2620mg
    Carbs 102g
    Protein 74g

Even going with the 6 inch Cheesesteak, I wouldn't call it better than a Big Mac. And sure, I could've picked a healthier sub from Subway to compare, but I can choose just as many healthier options from McDonald's to compare with, also. I would definitely put McD's above Subway, way too easy to go overboard at Subway.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I love that Subway has healthy options, and you're able to make those choices. BUT, you're right. They do try to advertise the fact that their food is all healthy, and that's not true!
    Please point out a lie in one of their ads, please. Do you think that a company that size would get away with making a false statement in their advertisements?

They advertise that some of their subs have less than however many cals each. Is that a lie? No. Keep in mind that they do note that it's without cheese and dressing. It takes a wise consumer to notice. Be a wise consumer.
  • TyneeKitty
    Options
    it did say sponsered by their low fat subs and showed a 6 inch turkey (lower in fat and salt) salad sub as the picture. If it had showed a foot long meatball marinara then i might have been annoyed with them
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    it just makes me wounder why a food based thing has to sponser a weightloss programme?! =/
    Right -- because food has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Because we live in a world that is powered by marketers and advertising - if you don't like it, don't watch TV, you can't avoid it!

Of course Subway are going to take the opportunity to sell their "we're healthier" message, whether you think that's right or not doesn't concern their marketing people!

It's a stupid show anyway!!
This discussion has been closed.