Options

Replies

• dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    alls subway think about is money

'would you like a cookie with ur sub?

no
    or can i tempt you in a packet of crisps?

no
    or a nice ice cold bottle of coke to wash it down?!

no
    NO! just the sub on its own - or else ill be way over calories and my purse will be empty!

robbin *kitten*

see that's not so hard hard now is it?
  • donwannabefatnomo
    donwannabefatnomo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've eaten at Applebees, Chili's, KFC, Taco Bell, Subway, Carl's Jr. and many others - if you have a smart phone you can download their nutritional info in a PDF . . . by the way, it's great to live in California - we have a menu law that has the calories on it!

Healthy food choices are available at every place I've ever eaten - if not, I don't eat there - plus, you can always cook and eat at home . . .

Oh, and I totally agree - they should NOT show food commercials during "diet" programs . . . but then again, I don't want to watch nothing but Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Nutri-System, and various diet pill commercials either!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why someone would use the word "fudge" out of frustration! I love sweets and this really makes me feel like I should go home and make myself a nice six-pound batch of milk chocolate fudge.

well you go and do that then
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    MC DONALDS.
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    They have since Season one, they are one of the very few "fast food" places that actually provide a number of aspects that makes things healthy, they advertise foods that are healthy, have all the information out there for all the meals and overall you have complete control over what goes in your food unlike other places.

A subway sub with a bag of apples and a coffee is 300 to 500 calories if you pick decent choices, a big mac meal with a coke (not supersized) has approx 1100 calories.
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    The sheer amount of snark here is astounding. Jesus...

IDGAF who's sponsoring a program, but having a reality game show (set up to promote weight-loss) push food in people's faces is a bit trashy. "Here, you fat *kitten*. Lose weight, win monies, don't be blinking fat! While you're at it, have you had some fast food today? FUUUUUUU WHY ARE YOU EATING FAST FOOD?!?!?!?!?"

I personally don't have TV but advertisers create their ads to make people want to buy them. It would seem a little bit courteous for a WL program to think about that. I mean, why are people overweight generally? A lack of control perhaps? (Please, spare the medical reasons. Not everyone has one. I don't aside from being mental.)

Other than that, eff it.
  • xSophia19
    Options
    a weightloss programme should be sponsered by something encouraging and motivating to help others (like me) who watch it and are on a weightloss journey!! I dont want to see a flipping sub fly past the screen when alls i think about late a night is food!!:explode:
    It's not Subway's fault -- or anyone else's -- if you have trouble with controlling your eating.

Also, you can thank Subway for making the program you watch free for your viewing pleasure. :flowerforyou:

ahem, tv license
  • xSophia19
    Options
    yep always eat at macdonalds thankyou very much.. and lost alot of weight aswell! so much for what i can say about you..
    Oh, you're a charmer, aren't you? Trying to get this thread deleted so that nobody sees what silliness you created?

good for you
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    a weightloss programme should be sponsered by something encouraging and motivating to help others (like me) who watch it and are on a weightloss journey!! I dont want to see a flipping sub fly past the screen when alls i think about late a night is food!!:explode:
    It's not Subway's fault -- or anyone else's -- if you have trouble with controlling your eating.

Also, you can thank Subway for making the program you watch free for your viewing pleasure. :flowerforyou:

ahem, tv license
    Oh, that's right. You have to pay the gov't nannies for TV over there. :laugh:
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options

yep always eat at macdonalds thankyou very much.. and lost alot of weight aswell! so much for what i can say about you..

Reported.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Oh, you're a charmer, aren't you? Trying to get this thread deleted so that nobody sees what silliness you created?

good for you
    ZING! Good one...
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me that someone may have gotten dumped by Jared. ...... just sayin. :indifferent:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Reported.
    Already beat you to it. Pointing to a member's number of pounds lost is a very weak argument too.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're so against the Biggest Loser using Subway as a sponsor, when they should be promoting healthy living, and not tempting their viewers with food at such a late hour ... why are you using a chocolate treat that clearly isn't anything more than sugar, sugar, and MORE sugar, in your topic to raise awareness about your said Subway sponsor?

It's a little bit of hypocrisy.

PS - Not all people watch it when it airs. I watch it during the afternoon, every Wednesday, once it hits Hulu. I, myself, am not tempted by Subway because of all the sodium. However, I can get a sandwich there (my usual) for about 430 calories. That includes healthy fats (avocado), little to no sugar (I only get a sandwich and the sugar that is in it is usually from the tomato and sweet onion sauce), a little boost to my metabolism (hot peppers), something yummy but filled with protein (chicken breast), and not the worst alternative in the world to a Big Mac or fried chicken (flatbread). It's a little pricier than something I'd order from KFC (never go there) or McDonald's (only ever go there when I want a really bad meal, and that's usually a double cheeseburger and small fry), but like I said, I hardly go to any of the three chains you mentioned.

I'd love for you to mention something from KFC that is actually healthy. Although Subway DOES have muffins and cookies and soda... they also have a water option, they're not FORCING you to buy cookies or muffins... and they have fresh ingredients which I can't say about KFC or McDonald's. The freshest thing KFC probably has are the little honey packets and I bet those are even highly processed. McDonald's, yes, has salads, but most of them have super high sodium (as high as a Subway sandwich) and come with fake dressings: fat free this, fat free that, or regular. The only other alternative is just to eat things in moderation, which I encourage anyone on a lifestyle change to do. A lot of times McDonald's is literally the only option for someone in my neighborhood... if you stay up late, say you work the late shift, and are too tired to cook, what are your options? Well, McDonald's is open 24 hours. Sometimes you can't help but go eat fast food because counting calories and excluding "bad foods" can't always be the only thing you do. I don't plan on excluding McD's from my whole life. Like I said, I crave bad foods and every couple months, I get a double cheeseburger & small fry just to satisfy the craving. Is it worth it? HELL yeah. Is it going to keep me from losing weight? Maybe for a couple days, but it's not ruining my whole journey.

A lot of people that watch the show are BUSY, and have jobs and kids and don't have time they can (or want to) devote to cooking EVERY single meal for the rest of their lives, and they need a healthy alternative. Biggest Loser is just bringing light to them that Subway is that good alternative. Quit b|tching or quit watching.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    wow .. turn off the tv.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    is the biggest looser UK sponsered by subway?!!!!

a flippin KFC or Macdonalds is healthier than a subway for crying out loud!!

I know subway is packed with salad - wich is obvs healthy. but what about the bread, crisps, cookies, muffins, fizzy pop, some of the meat?!! :angry:

sorrry rant over ha!x

and you seriously thing KFC or McDonalds is better? Wow, I don't even know what to say about that other than have you actually eaten at any of those places?

What a nasty thing to say! It's really too bad you've resorted to mentioning peoples' weight in their avatars to defend yourself. Criticism happens, cupcake... when you post something, there will be people that disagree. And not one person who had criticized your words resorted to mocking your appearance.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You do have choices when you eat. Just because they sell chips and cookie and whatever it does not mean you have buy
    and eat them. Subway is a deli that have good heathy choices. I like them

Imagine go to a restaurant, deli and all they have are salad ?????
    Pretty soon you have to eat out by yourself because not everyone want to munch salad.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Pretty soon you have to eat out by yourself because not everyone want to munch salad.

Pretty sure the OP eats out by herself a lot anyway...
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree on one part, and one part only: Advertising food late at night. I agree, Subway should not have cookies or bad chips available. But that's part of business. You have to have some of what everyone wants. It's up to YOU to make the decision to decline the unhealthy stuff. And in comparison to MULTIPLE fast food joints, Subway is definitely the healthier. You just have to do your research.
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    Also, a bit of comparison:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 306.0
    1.0 x 6" Sub
    Amount Per Serving Unofficial Pts+ 12
    Calories 457.5
    Calories from Fat 90.0
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 10.5g16%
    Saturated Fat 2.0g10%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 30.0mg10%
    Sodium 1127.0mg47%
    Total Carbohydrates 66.0g22%
    Dietary Fiber 6.0g24%
    Sugars 18.0g
    Protein 25.0g
    Vitamin A 57.0% • Vitamin C 49.0%
    Calcium 7.0% • Iron 19.0%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    INGREDIENTS: Honey Oat, Chicken Patty, Roasted, Banana Peppers, Cucumbers, Green Peppers, Lettuce, Olives, Onions, Pickles, Spinach, Tomatoes, Light Mayonnaise, Sweet Onion Sauce, Fat Free

Nutrition Facts
    1.0 x Double Cheeseburger
    Unofficial Pts+ 11
    Calories 445.0Calories from Fat 210.0
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 22.0g34%
    Saturated Fat 11.0g55%
    Trans Fat 1.0g
    Cholesterol 85.0mg28%
    Sodium 1150.0mg48%
    Total Carbohydrates 33.5g11%
    Dietary Fiber 1.0g4%
    Sugars 7.5g
    Protein 25.0g
    Vitamin A 510.0% • Vitamin C 0.5%
    Calcium 269.0% • Iron 3.0%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    INGREDIENTS: Regular Bun, 100% Beef Patty, American Cheese, Onions, Pickle Slices, Ketchup, Mustard

I'm not denying my sheer love of all veggies adds to the nutrition, but a 6" and a dbl cheeseburger aren't far off.
This discussion has been closed.