Ladies- what NET calorie intake works for you?

Options
I have been playing with my NET calorie amount to try to determine what range allows me to lose weight. MFP recommends a daily intake of 1200 to lose 2lbs/ week. I have tried netting around 1200 after exercise (effectively eating back all of my exercise calories), with no weigh loss. I have also recently tried taking in 1300-1600 calories and NOT eating back my exercise calories, putting me in the 800-1200 net range. Also- no luck. I'm not sure what other strategies to try. I have been exercising 6 days/week- 45-60 minutes cardio + 20 minutes yoga or strength. I am about 30 lbs a healthy BMI and active, yet can't seem to find the combo that works yet. I know the scale isn't everything, but I still need to see some positive progress. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Eat more food!

I've been netting at least 1400....most days higher - up to 1700-1800 and keeping my macros around 40/30/30. I had been trying to eat low (netting 1200-1300) and my weight had stalled. I ate more and registered a loss last week, so I'm a happy camper.
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    bump.. im interested to see the posts from this questions, as i am having a similar problem
  • leahayliffe
    Options
    eat all of your workout calories! Once i started doing that i got out of my rut ...when you dont eat enough, even if you're not hungry, you begin to keep all of your calories because your body thinks its starving so just eat the calories that are given to you :) good luck