Anyone here who wants to lose around 10lbs?

Options
Hi everyone, I'm 10lbs away from my goal to get back down to my pre pregnancy weight of 112lbs (I'm 5ft2).
I need to tone up too and I'm on a 1200cal a day and I'm always under by 100cals after all my meals, I don't want to eat the extra 100cals for the sake of it...

What are you doing to lose the last 10lbs as I have heard its harder to lose when you only have a few pounds to go to get to your goal?

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i sure would love to know too, i am also 5.2 but at 136/137, i want to get back to my pre pregnancy weight of 130... i have struggled for just over 2 months now just to lose 4 lbs... not sure what else to do or what i am not doing. I even did the 30ds to get some results happening but not much did happen after the whole 30 days. I still am doing 30-45 min of cardio at least 5 days a week to hopefully keep off those 4 lbs i have lost but not sure how to get rid of the last 6-7... sure would love to be under 130 but i will just take 130 if i can get it.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I want to drop about 10 pounds to reach my goal weight. But, I am finding that even though it is REALLY tough to see things change on the scale, my clothes are fitting better and getting bigger on me. I sometimes wonder do I give up on the weight number and focus on inches instead?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm 13lbs off my goal... I do great for a few weeks stick to really healthy diet then the monthly choc cravings kick in and I'm replacing meals with a bit of choc so I don't go over my calories whilst trying to satisfy my cravings and trying to get extra exercise in!

I have thought of trying a chocolate protein shake so I get my choc fix but still getting protein and reduced fat, instead of a choc bar!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I want to drop about 10 pounds to reach my goal weight. But, I am finding that even though it is REALLY tough to see things change on the scale, my clothes are fitting better and getting bigger on me. I sometimes wonder do I give up on the weight number and focus on inches instead?

true but when your not seeing the inches fall off either or your clothes fit differently, then what? that's my case :(
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Im trying to lose 18 lbs and oh my gosh its so freaking hard! I also have the chocolate cravings its so bad.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Have you try eating the 100 calories or upping your calories? Your body might try to hold onto the fat/weight because you are on such a low calories. I was 113lbs when I joined MFP, eat around 1480-ish calories (calculated by MFP to be my maintenance calories), and lost a few pounds. I am actually thinking about upping my calories a bit, so I don't lose any more weight. I want to be more toned instead.
  • ChallengeChick
    Options
    ME!!! I am also on 1200 calories a day, and yesterday I was under by 331 because I did some cardio. From my experience everyone seems to have a different take on whether or not to eat the extra 100. My new plan is to make sure I eat ALL of my calories every other day and on the other days, not stress out if I dont hit my numbers on the opposite days. This way my metabolism never gets wise and goes into starvation mode.
    I have thought of trying a chocolate protein shake so I get my choc fix but still getting protein and reduced fat, instead of a choc bar!
    I TOTALLY do this! Some nights I actually take my vi-shake powder with a bit of almond milk and sf/ff chocolate pudding mix and make a small serving of pudding! Less than 100 calories, 6g of protein and no sugar!
    I sometimes wonder do I give up on the weight number and focus on inches instead?
    I struggle with this as well -- especially with these last 10 lbs. I think inches are more important than the number on the scale as they validate that what you are doing is working ... Its not always about your weight, but your body composition!
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Eat the extra 100 and see what happens. For the first week or so eating under will drop the pounds of fast, but if you keep eating under your body may start going into starvation mode and holding the weight for that reason. You can always up your exercise with the extra 100 too.
  • nickyherg
    Options
    I am right there with you I am 5'5" and want to be around 130 ish. Have about 10 lbs to loose. I am struggling.
  • leahayliffe
    Options
    I am on here to loose 10 lbs too! ive lost 7 pounds so far annnd i couldnt get past 5lbs until i upped my calorie to make sure i was eating the amount i was supposed to so i suggest you eat the 100 cals even if its just for the sake of eating.... when you starve yourself from the intake you dont lose weight... and starving doesnt necessarily mean you're hungry so you make have to make yourself eat it... good luck!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Me. I'm 5'2" as well and have been hovering around 112. I saw it before Christmas, now it's 114. :) I really would like to be 110 but hey what's 2 lbs and I'd rather lose BF%. I would also like to get toned like you said and I have heard to eat 1600 on nonweightlifting days and 2000 on weightlifting days. So giving that a try. I am awaiting New Rules Of Weightlifting for Women in the mail.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Have you try eating the 100 calories or upping your calories? Your body might try to hold onto the fat/weight because you are on such a low calories. I was 113lbs when I joined MFP, eat around 1480-ish calories (calculated by MFP to be my maintenance calories), and lost a few pounds. I am actually thinking about upping my calories a bit, so I don't lose any more weight. I want to be more toned instead.

THIS! this is what i did. I've been at maintenance for about a month just to see and still losing. So dont limit your cals so much as it stresses your body out and it hold on to fat then. . You will feel better.
  • amandamaerz
    Options
    Same here. i am 5'1" and want to loose about 10-15 pounds. I am set at 1200 calories a day. It is hard, I am hungry all day long, but I figure it is because I am only on my 2nd day. I am hoping my body gets used to it after a few more days. I also need to start working out so I can get those extra calories to eat.
  • sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    m 13 lbs (6kg) away from my goal weight. cant lose the last few lbs whereas b4 i cud lose 1 lb in 3 days but nw i havent lost a thing :sad: . i cnt exercise for health reasons but hoping to lose it by the end of March. gud nyt :yawn: :yawn:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yes! bumping for later. Have also heard that the last 10 or so is hard. Certainly seems to be true in my case. :grumble:
  • ketrell
    ketrell Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I'm 5'8" and I have 13lbs to go in order to be at my goal weight. I'm set at 1330 or one pound a week. Therefore, I'm doing Supreme 90. My goal is to complete it by the end of the tax season. That's because I have a vacation that I'm going on and I will miss a few days. It's time for the rest of these pounds to be kick to the curb.
  • Tipton90
    Options
    Yes I want to lose an additional 10 lbs as well! What I believe is working for me is keeping a high fiber/ low carb diet as well as incorporating 45 minutes of cardio, in addition to light weight training, for 4-5 a week. In my opinion, coffee/lattes/5-hour energies (highly caffienated/low fat drinks) are the way to go one hour before your work out, it really helps you get a great energy boost for a high-powered cardio workout. Also, try going into the sauna for at least 10 minutes after your workout, if your gym has one.
  • Boring2Fit
    Options
    Yep I joined not too long ago and my starting goal was to lose 10lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    Thanks girls, I did lose 4lb in my first week from christmas which was great but I want to lose 1lb a week from now if its possible. Im definately going to have the cheat day once a week else I wouldn't be able to stick to it and I will try to get to my 1200 cals a day...if not can I use those calories on my cheat day?? Feel free to add me too!!! x
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2 and wanting to loose 10 pounds, im at 122 atm (ticker says 121 i think) but ive been trying to lose wight for ages now but was never in the right mindset!

I need to up my exercise, i dont do much! I always intend to, but the sofa is much more appealing and warm this time of year! lol

Im looking into squash and the climbing wall in my area to see if i can pick up more 'fun' exercises to keep me motivated! I get bored very easily when it comes to exercise and a routine in the gym is definately not my thing!

Good Luck with your loss, feel free to add me! :-)