Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred

Options
Hey guys,
I'm just about done with Ripped in 30, and I figured I would start with Extreme Shed and Shred next. The DVD will be here by tomorrow, and since I'm taking a day off anyway (from 2 months continous workout with 30DS and RI30 xD), I have a few questions regarding the workout, just to prepare OvO

- Is there anything else other than the dumbbells and mats needed for the exercise? I've been using 2 2kg dumbbell (apr. 4.5lbs each), are they gonna be enough? Should I upgrade the dumbbells for this exercise?
- I heard this DVD only contains 2 levels, does this mean I should do first 15 days level 1 and the latter half level 2, or do level 1 day 1, level 2 day 2 and repeat in that rotation?
- If someone has finished the exercise, can you show me the result from the workout? I've lost around 17 lbs from doing the first two DVDs, but I only lost in total of 8 inches, can't say I'm not disappointed. Does anyone have any tips on losing more inches and toning my body better?

Thanks in advance :3

Replies

• apple2107
    Options
    Any comment from someone who has done this workout before '_'?
  • apple2107
    Options
    Bump!?
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I just bought it, but haven't done it yet. I'm finishing up 30DS, and I have RI30 sitting here too.... but thought I would try to work Shed and Shred in when I can sneak in a longer workout, since they are 45 minutes instead of 25.

I'm anxious to hear if anyone else has any input! I think this one just came out really recently, though, didn't it?
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ill bump this again but i havent done this dvd but i have 6 pack in 6 weeks and its only 2 levels which says to do 3 weeks of each so i would guess yours would be the 15 then 15 too
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just bought this workout but haven't tried it yet....interested to see if anyone out there has done it yet though...from what I can see you just need the dumbbell and mat ...good luck!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Jillian prefers that you do both Level 1 and 2 which equates to a 60 minute workout. Each workout is 30 mintues. Doing 15 days for the first level and then doing the last 15 days for the second level sounds like a good strategy.

I am have working out to Level 1 only. Level 2 seems really advanced. Honestly I like 30 Day Shred and Ripped much better. I felt that these excercises were more intense. You hardly use any weights on Extreme She.
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    I haven't done it, but I've heard of it and I'd like to try it once I complete 30DS
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I bought it and hate it. I love the 30ds, BFBM, no more trouble zones. Ripped in 30 ok but not my favorite... I think Shed & Shred is awful.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I am currently in week 4 of this workout. You have the option to do either Level 1, Level 2 or both levels at the same time. I did a week of level 1. It has 4 circuits and its not too bad, its runs about 38 minutes with warm up and cool down. Then I did a week of Level 2. Its has 6 circuits and it is a killer! It runs about 48 minutes. Then in week three I did both levels at the same time ( this is the way Jillian really wants the workout done). It is a killer, for me, and runs about 80 minutes( although Jillian keeps telling you its only 60 minutes, its not!) Hand weights and a mat is all you will need. I use 8 lb weights. Good luck:smile:
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm planning on starting it the 18th, I'm interested in what others have to say
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Im in a challenge for extreme shed and shred. Weeks 1 and 2 we are doing level 1, week 3 we are doing level 1 and 2, and weeks 4 and 5 we are doing just level 2.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I bought it and hate it. I love the 30ds, BFBM, no more trouble zones. Ripped in 30 ok but not my favorite... I think Shed & Shred is awful.

Actually really happy to hear this. I have 30ds from a couple fo years ago (I think that long), NMTZ and BFBM and love those. I also love 6pk slimdown but only level 2. Decided not to get this one and her other one because they always seem to be less than what she starts out with. Know what I mean? So I had it in my hand at target and put it away.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love this new video. I just use it in between running days and do both levels at once. Great workout!
  • apple2107
    Options
    I just finished first day as well. For those who finished any of Jillian's previous workout, doing both levels back to back wouldn't be a problem. However, since there would be practically only one level during the whole 30 days, how are we gonna last with that xD? And I got bored after 7 or 8 days of same level of 30DS XD
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... yeah, doing both would feel like it got old. Perhaps I'll mix that and Ripped in 30. I think it's amazing how day 4, 5, 6 of each level on 30DS gets easier, and also how the total calories burned on the HRM goes down. I imagine that Shed and Shred would leave you feeling like you didn't burn much after a couple of weeks!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd. Which have you completed already?

Jillian recommends you do both the workouts. There is an option on it to do both back to back or to do each one separately. She doesn't say how long you should do the workout or how frequently but she does say you can use a meal plan which is free so if you really want to see results quick I'd suggest using her meal plan in combination with the dvd.

The dvd is hard on the knees if you try and jump into the advanced versions of some exercies so do try and do the beginner ones first

I have to say I can't say how you are disappointed with losing "ONLY" 18 inches...that's something to be proud of I think..
  • apple2107
    Options
    It's 8, not 18. I would not complain if it's 18 inches lost. But 8 inches after 2 months is a bit disappointing to me, especially I've read people's review that they lost more than that in one month (and they don't even do the whole 30 days like I did, just 24, 25 days >_<)

I only finished 30DS and RI30, and I had Extreme Shed and Shred (doing right now) and 6 weeks 6 packs waiting after I finished Extreme Shed and Shred xD, but I think I will just do first week of both levels of Extreme Shed and Shred, then I will mix it with 6 weeks 6 packs. I really liked how Extreme Shed and Shred used some yoga and kungfu moves, too bad it's tediously long (1,5 hours compared to 0.5 hour of her previous workout) and it only basically has only 1 level :<
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I finished up the 30 Day Shred last month and promptly bought Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Extreme Shed and Shred, and I was given Yoga Meltdown for Christmas. BFBM was awesome cardio, NMTZ was definitely tougher than 30DS (in a good way, but tough), Yoga Meltdown was awesome and a nice change of pace, and ESAS kicked my *kitten* hardcore. I went ahead and did both levels back-to-back (which is 1 hour 20 minutes total, including the stretches at beginning and end). More challenging exercises for sure, new movements that I'd never seen before. I had a really hard time keeping up, but it felt good to be challenged. You just need the mat (if you're on a hard floor) and weights. You might want to bump up to bigger than those 4.5s for some of the exercises though. If you've been working with those for awhile, chances are you can probably do heavier weights on at least some of the exercises. I keep several different sets of weights nearby for my Jillian workouts and grab whatever I know I can do but will actually challenge me. After 30DS, I'm tired of doing the same Inc every day, so now I alternate and do different videos on different days, except I am also doing the Shred again b/c my DH is doing it now, so I like to workout with him, too. :-)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    looks like a good mix of lovers and haters. i bought it after reading good reviews and wanting a challenge....so once i finish 30DS level 3...i'm a week away...i rip open the plastic and begin! BOOM!