Help!! Iv gained back on weight!

Options
Last year in November I started the gym with my mum, however we both didnt go to the gym at xmas time which Im starting to regret now, I did loose 11 pounds and was cutting down the amount I eat and healthier options. Im at college and for the last few months its been very stressful and iv been comfort eating trying to bottle my emotions, this has happened throughout xmas and a little before then, but I was going to the gym at least 3 times a week. I just recently weighed myself, I was 11st 7 but now im 13stone!!!!! Im 18 and I shouldnt be like this, its making me unhappy, Im so ashamed of myself and even though i was a little bit naughty, so i did cheat on myself, this is the heaviest iv been and it just hit me and now im reanuing my gym membership and starting a fresh new year but how do i not go back to this?

Comments and advice will be much appreciated

Halina

Replies

• Ceebee37
    Options
    There are no guarentees that this won't happen again...it may or it may not. You say you eat when you are stressed. Instead of eating, why not go for a walk or phone a friend, or talk on here, we are here to help!!
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try not to get stressed, just get back on track you will be ok.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    There are no guarentees that this won't happen again...it may or it may not. You say you eat when you are stressed. Instead of eating, why not go for a walk or phone a friend, or talk on here, we are here to help!!

I agree. Why is it that we punish ourselves first before we reward ourselves whenever we are under stress? Hit the gym, find support, and follow your passion as long as it keeps you active. No matter what we are going through, the choice is still ours. Don't punish your temple, worship it and reward it accordingly. You will get out of it what you put into it. Good luck on your journey!
  • Vazaskia
    Vazaskia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers and lost 100 pounds. I took a break! Before I knew it I gained back 120. I just started MFP with my daughters (Natasha 29, Nadia 23, and Nina 18) They are all in shape but supporting me. Its sooooooo hard. I get depressed and want to eat junk, but I dont. You are young and have a wonderful future waiting for you. You have time to get it right! Get addicted to MFP. Count your calories, but better than that learn how to eat and exercise. Its good for you and its sexy to guys, so I hear. YOU CAN DO IT!:smile::smile: