Let's talk about the film "Supersize Me"

Options

Replies

• metallikviper
    Options
    Five-Guys Cheese burger for the Win.

If not then just stick to McD Double Cheeseburger with Large Fries and Coke. There's something about their cheeseburger and fries.
  • malibukaty11
    malibukaty11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    And now you guys just reminded me that I need to go find the 5 Guys that just opened.

Dammit. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't eat burgers that are < .5 cm thick. There are too many good places to get chicken and burgers to waste my money and calories at McD.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to McDonald's in a long time...but it used to be my late night, bad day food binge location:

- double quarter pounder with cheese and lots of bbq sauce
    - box of 20 chicken nuggets
    - large fries
    - chocolate milkshake
    and then coma.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    this thread caused me to make this tonight

Double brie stuffed jucy lucys topped with more brie and pancetta

2012-01-10%25252018.11.37.jpg
    2012-01-10%25252018.12.25.jpg
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Five-Guys Cheese burger for the Win.

Yes... Yes let me shake your hand at once.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    this thread caused me to make this tonight

Double brie stuffed jucy lucys topped with more brie and pancetta

2012-01-10%25252018.11.37.jpg
    2012-01-10%25252018.12.25.jpg

Holy ****... I'm in love.
  • ericalyn93
    Options
    Mickey D's version of the Chik Fil A sandwich is not bad. Not quite as good as the real deal but tasty nonetheless. Not sure if that's a Chicken Select or not?

My last burger was a Five Guys. Damn. :love:

Five Guys is the best!!
  • SteveO390
    SteveO390 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    lol! I loved this thread! No one ACTUALLY talked about the movie. I must confess that I have not watched it but those of you who have, look up Fat Head and watch that, it's on Netflix too. It blows all kinds of holes in Super Size Me.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I watched the movie and it made me sick! McDonald's disgusts me. I cannot imagine eating all my meals there. I haven't eaten there in years. :sick:
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    I found the segments on advertising by McD's and other fastfood companies really the most fascinating parts of the movie, besides Morgan's deteriorating health. Then again I find studying advertising interesting, as this entire industry is designed in convincing you to believe that if you buy X product, your life will look like what it's like in the ad.

Also, I don't eat McD's anymore. Have had it maybe... 4-5 times in the past six years? Eating it now actually makes me sick. Lol. The only time it didn't was when I was in Europe (Paris).
  • inclover
    inclover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After watching the movie in Health Class, I still had McDonalds. Now I cannot even eat it without being grossed out. Getting healthy has really changed my taste buds! When you eat fresh foods and meats, the processed foods and filler meats just dont taste good anymore.

I do however still crave those fries, but haven't had them for a year :)
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I ate there so often in the last year that the thought of it makes me sick. I almost always got a 10 piece mcnugget with a large fry and a root beer. But now it it just makes me feel blahhh to think about it.

I will say though, the Mcgriddles (sausage/egg/cheese) were created by Satan himself in some kind of soul selling deal with McDonalds. Because even though I ate so many greasy disgusting things I never want to touch again, that still sounds so appetizing to me. Mmmmmm. Syrupy nugget goodness.
  • melmaus27
    Options
    My boyfriend LOVES burgers and fries and it's hard to resist sometimes, but I've started getting the kids' meals instead. It satisfies the taste for it - which I'm starting to have less and less of - but isn't like going overboard. The shakes freak me out - after someone told me they used shake mix for cement in a film scene she was an extra in . . . .
  • neddoh
    neddoh Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Watch Supersize Me and then watch the documentary Fat Head.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    lol! I loved this thread! No one ACTUALLY talked about the movie. I must confess that I have not watched it but those of you who have, look up Fat Head and watch that, it's on Netflix too. It blows all kinds of holes in Super Size Me.

I've seen them both and thought as far as accurate nutrition information goes, both were a joke. But I like Supersize Me better because at least it was funny in spots. Fat Head seemed more "preachy". Looking to the film industry for nutrition information is pretty silly IMO.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I've seen them both and thought as far as accurate nutrition information goes, both were a joke. But I like Supersize Me better because at least it was funny in spots. Fat Head seemed more "preachy". Looking to the film industry for nutrition information is pretty silly IMO.

I agree both were hardly groundbreaking

Supersize Me - Eat in a caloric surplus and get fat
    Fat Head - Eat in a caloric deficit and lose weight
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    look up Fat Head and watch that, it's on Netflix too. It blows all kinds of holes in Super Size Me.

^^^^^ THIS!
  • Peridotite
    Options
    If nobody has already said this, watch the movie "Fast Food Nation" (or read the book) either way you will not be so excited about those burgers anymore. Because of said movie I can no longer stomach the thought of a take-out burger...sad times :cry:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    McDonalds doesn't do a thing for me.. now, if you have a What-A-Burger.. you know a good cheeseburger.
    YES! Best thing about the Southwest, along with green chile and killer sunsets.

wbgolden on here introduced me to What-a-burger. WONDERFUL!

I live in NC, so I'm wondering if this is the same chain of What-A-Burger's.. sounds like it the way you two are talking it up. I just wasn't aware it was outside of North/South Carolina. It's never in the larger towns around here, you have to go to the smaller ones to find them.