Calories Per Day

Options
I know this may seem repitiive, however I just want to get some input. I usually exercise everyday and burn anywhere between 500 and 1000 calories a session. I was eating all my extra calories which sometimes went over 2000. I found myself not losing any weight, in fact I was gaining. I was up 5 punds at one point.
What I am doing now is trying to eat 1400 to 1600 calories a day when I exercise. My BMR calorie rate is 1350. If I do exercise more vigousously I will up the cals by maybe about 200. I actually have found this to be working better.
What do everyone think, did anyone find the same results?
Is it better to do this??
Thanks guys!

Replies

• monicakelly21
    Options
    I know this may seem repitiive, however I just want to get some input. I usually exercise everyday and burn anywhere between 500 and 1000 calories a session. I was eating all my extra calories which sometimes went over 2000. I found myself not losing any weight, in fact I was gaining. I was up 5 punds at one point.
    What I am doing now is trying to eat 1400 to 1600 calories a day when I exercise. My BMR calorie rate is 1350. If I do exercise more vigousously I will up the cals by maybe about 200. I actually have found this to be working better.
    What do everyone think, did anyone find the same results?
    Is it better to do this??
    Thanks guys!
  • kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Options
    Really I am lost about all of the calories. They say to burn more calories so that you can lose weight, then MFP is saying to eat your daily calories, plus the calories you burn. So it is kind of confusing to me. So what I do... which might not be the sure way to do it... but it works for me. Is that I just eat my daily calories, and not touch the calories that I burn. I know it isn't all that right, but then every person is made different. Hope this was some helpful insight, if not then I am sorry.:ohwell:
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    You may have your daily activities set to high. Set it to Sedentary or lightly active. You may not be accurately putting in calories burned. In order for me to burn 400 calories, I must run 4 miles or do 1 hr of high impact aerobics. Make sure you measure and count all foods in your mouth. All those things combined could cause a weight gain.

When you get those things correct, you eat the net calories and the calories earned if you earned any for that day. If you don't exercise, then only eat the net calories and you will still lose weight. I am on my third week and i have lost 3-1/2 lbs.

Make sense?
  • RMUNTZ2
    RMUNTZ2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Really I am lost about all of the calories. They say to burn more calories so that you can lose weight, then MFP is saying to eat your daily calories, plus the calories you burn. So it is kind of confusing to me. So what I do... which might not be the sure way to do it... but it works for me. Is that I just eat my daily calories, and not touch the calories that I burn. I know it isn't all that right, but then every person is made different. Hope this was some helpful insight, if not then I am sorry.:ohwell:

If you burn a lot of calories a day doing an exercise routine that is known to burn over 300 calories and many burn 800 - 1000 calories, you probably need to eat some or most of the exercise calories to keep you from going into starvation mode.

Be honest entering data into your food diary and cardio exercise diary, eat all the calories in red or close to them an you should loose your MFP plan pounds per week.

I planned 1 pound per week. I have been am MFP member for 6 weeks and lost 11 pounds.

Some days I exercise and some not.

Good Luck.. You can do it.

Rob
  • RMUNTZ2
    Options

If you burn a lot of calories a day doing an exercise routine that is known to burn over 300 calories and many burn 800 - 1000 calories, you probably need to eat some or most of the exercise calories to keep you from going into starvation mode.

Be honest entering data into your food diary and cardio exercise diary, eat all the calories in red or close to them an you should loose your MFP plan pounds per week.

I planned 1 pound per week. I have been am MFP member for 6 weeks and lost 11 pounds.

Rob
  • RMUNTZ2
    Options

Rob
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I've been here since Jan... lost 5 pounds, and gained it all back. I'm exercising and eating better and still not loosing my desired weight, or really none at all.
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    Have you taken measurements??
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For me, I can't succeed with a diet plan unless I work out. I need the extra calories during the day or I feel starving and I won't follow through.
    I think you should try to at least eat most of your burned calories and listen to the advice of others who say you should make sure you are imputing everything, have the right setting.. .etc.
    You may after all be building muscle, it does sound like you're working out hard.
    A measuring tape will help you figure that out, you can gain weight and still lose inches of body fat.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Just eat if you are hungry, simple as that and make the right decisions when you do it. I definitely do not eat ALL of my burned calories. I burned 530 calories today and I still have 330 left to eat. I am not going to eat it because, frankly, I am not really that hungry.