Insanity?

Options

Replies

• NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, sounds like some HRM research is in order for me. I'm eating super clean and watching calories so something HAS to budge!!!
  • mauriewest
    mauriewest Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity last year. It was a challenge but the results were there! My results was so great that I was super close to being in the informercial. (actually, there is one brief shot of me working out to it in one of the extended 30 minute infomercials) this began my addiction to extreme fitness. It was a gret accomplishment and everyone around me took notice of what Insanity can do for you if you stick to it.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I started my 2nd month today. Did the fit test first (scores were higher- yeah!).... but then didn't have the energy to finish the workout after the fit test. Month 2 videos are HARD! I will finish though- love it so far!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Finished Insanity in November and I loved it....starting my second round of it today!
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It hurts lol BUT its good!
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like Insanity, although it's amazing how much harder the Month Two workouts are, compared to the Month One.

That said, I tend to use throw an Insanity workout here and there around my existing schedule - I think if I tried to actually follow the program I'd end up injuring my knees pretty quickly (then again, that's more me than the fault of the program). That said, while it's one of the toughest workouts I've ever done, it is also undeniably the highest impact.
  • NGMama
    Options
    I love all this feedback, thanks!!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have had it for a while now. I did it for about two weeks but got very frustrated with it. Maybe one day I'll try it again...
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    I am doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid. I would say that the pace of Insanity is something else, and much quicker than P90X. I finished one round of P90X and went right into P90X/Insanity hybrid. Just the warm up of Insanity kicked my butt, the first few times. Stick with it, and the results will come, and the pounds will melt off. I am a huge fan of Insanity, and it definitely works.

So, if you do hybrid? How does your week of workout go? Can I ask for a suggestion? I was thinking of doing that but I guess a suggestion from others would help. But I will try to finish one round and I still have 1-1/2 mo. left til I finish P90X, so right now, I am preparing for the big day when I start insanity.
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    @MDVOID, I found it crazy hard too. I did better than I thought I would. I have to admit, I took a whole lot of comfort in seeing some of the participants collapse and him telling them to rest! :bigsmile: How many days are you going to do it?

@Deb, is insanity how you got looking like you are??? I'm totally ready to go for it. Although I struggled, I really liked it.

@MrsVDDS, good luck! Let us know how you like it!

@carla, I was freaked out but he does encourage a lot of rest periods. I felt very accomplished when I was done!

Were you doing insanity everyday 6 times a week? I think the poster calendar said it is.. The box of my insanity DVD is just beside my TV for now while I finish P90X, just so I remind myself I am preparing for this in March :)
  • NGMama
    Options
    I just started. I've literally done two vids. My plan is six times per week. Got a little de-railed in between one and two because of a sick little guy. Will do day 3 tonight. I'm not sure why but there's something about the sixty days that appeals to me. :)
  • njoithomp
    Options
    I just finished the Insanity fit test, and I'm trying to find out how many calories I burned and how to log it. BTW I did abysmally bad.

I logged insanity as a workout here after researching the calorie burn online and with my own heart rate when I do it. Just type in Insanity and the plyo workout will pop up but they all burn pretty much the same. Also, log it as cardio and not strength and the calories will register.
  • njoithomp
    Options
    I have had it for a while now. I did it for about two weeks but got very frustrated with it. Maybe one day I'll try it again...

why did you get frustrated?
  • rashooy
    rashooy Posts: 55
    Options
    what is insanity may i ask?
  • njoithomp
    Options
    Started Insanity for the first third time yesterday. I love it but I tend to get to week three and then fizzle out. This time I enlisted the support of a workout buddy to keep me on track and make sure I get through the week-3 hump.
  • njoithomp
    Options
    what is insanity may i ask?

Its a 60-day at home workout program. High energy. Bootcamp style. The calorie burn is amazing and no special equipment is needed. Research it on Bing or Google. You'll find the website there.
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Where is the cheapest place to buy it??? Maybe used on eBay ??
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hi, its great to read everyones feedback on insanity. im on day 10, so easily coiuld of skipped today, as had no sleep last night, but did it none the less! i love it, i have never pushed myself this hard in my life, and i feel great already. i have upped my protein intake, and downed my carbs, having no white bread or rice pasta etc. after 7 days of doing insanity and watching my diet, i have lost 3lbs, and lost 2 percent body fat!!!! love it
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second week. Holding on hoping my calves will feel better soon
  • jasonmeurer
    jasonmeurer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @carlachristin I followed a schedule similar to this when I did my hybrid. http://www.decidetostayfit.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/p90x-insanity-hybrid.pdf

Ultimately found it too difficult to maintain the Insanity pace once I was not doing it 6 days a week and retreated back to PyloX.