Whats the WORST concert you've ever been to?

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
I saw RATT in the 80's on their debut tour here in western South Dakota.

They SUCKED!!!!! Boring, they just stood there and played, no moving around...nothing. Stephen Pearcy in the middle of the show said this place sucks and walked off stage. He eventually returned and finished the show but they got boo'd off the stage in the end.

On the flip side, Bon Jovi had just released their debut self titled album and opened for them.... they kicked AZZ!!!!

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    A couple spring to mind.

Nickleback at Manchester. Love the cd's. live in a stadium, not so good.:ohwell:
    All About Eve, again in Manchester, Loved the band, but who thought changing from Goth lite to techno dance was a good idea?:noway:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I've never been to concert where the act was bad but I did see Willie Nelson at the Fillmore back in 2002. They sound system was terrible and I was 7 months pregnant and there were no seats left. I was so disappointed. I have seen him twice more since then at Red Rocks and he will always be my favorite.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Went to see Otep, Cold, Flaw and Sevendust.... OTEP was HORRIBLE! If I hadn't been waiting to see Flaw I would have left!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Metallica had to be the worst. I got really bored. In fact, one of the people I went with fell asleep.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Saw The Verve in '97 in the States. I guess their soundman was either drunk or busy getting a beej because their whole set completely blew; the entirety was filled with awful feedback. They were ceremoniously booed until the ended it early. The Cure made up for it though.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    In 2005 I think - few people made me go see some "punk" tour (punk in quotes because I can't just call it a crap tour) which was NOT punk - bands like The Used and My Chemical Romance and some more prepubescent sounding male vocals. Terrible.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Dating myself, but mine was "New Order" in about 1986 with "Thowing Muses" as the opening act. Zero energy with both bands just standing around singing and not really doing that well either.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    VanHalen gary cherone Nuff said.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Lover Boy, is an explanation reallllly needed
  • branflake5
    Options
    My fiance convinced me to go to a Skidrow concert a couple years ago, it was so terrible we left early! Not that I was complaining for that lol
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Dating myself, but mine was "New Order" in about 1986 with "Thowing Muses" as the opening act. Zero energy with both bands just standing around singing and not really doing that well either.

I saw new order around that time. I honestly don't remember it but i remember my super cool new order tshirt.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Manson in '01. I just went to accompany my brother-in-law since my sister was 8 months pregnant and couldn't go. Yeah, I asked him if we could leave early. We were the only ones in the stadium not wearing black/goth.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    phish. early 90s.

#1 - i'm not a hippie so that kind of rules out jam music
    #2 - I took WAY TOO much mushrooms (so i had hippie tendancies - shoot me)
    #3 - One guy played what looked like a vacuum. For like 4 hours. The same song. Again, shoot me.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Bruce Cockburn *shudder*
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Dragonforce...just so very disappointing :(
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    The Cars - I actually fell asleep. I was stupid enough to buy tickets to see them a second time and they were still as dull as watching paint dry. Their music was pretty energetic, but they weren't.

I saw Eric Clapton when he was nearly dead from his heroin addiction. The roadies were actually taking the stage apart during his performance. It was dire.
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    Went to see Otep, Cold, Flaw and Sevendust.... OTEP was HORRIBLE! If I hadn't been waiting to see Flaw I would have left!

I LOVE COLD! I met them, they are cool guys!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Bob Dylan was very disappointing. Spent most of the night at his piano. It was sideways to the crowd and he never really engaged the audience. Glad I went, but I could have just put on one of his CD's and stayed home for a lot less money.
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Metallica had to be the worst. I got really bored. In fact, one of the people I went with fell asleep.

Ditto. The last time I saw them was in Detroit about 6-ish years ago. Godsmack opened the show, and even with technical difficulties they rocked the hell out of the concert. Metallica came on, sped through 5 songs, and pretty much just bored the hell out everyone.
  • maysflower
    Options
    Our Lady Peace in Ottawa, Canada. The concert was just boring....lucky for me the tickets were free :)