Cheat Meals.....

Options
Ive heard a lot of people saying they have cheat days or meals but if you have these do you log them in your diary?

Replies

• JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I have cheat meals or days and I log everything into my diary. It keeps me accountable!
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i read a blog on here the other day called spike days, it was very interesting, and suggested a spike/cheat day is actually very good for your progress in weight loss, if you search it in the community tab im sure youl find it, it makes sense!!!
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always do.. just to keep a track of what I ate and the weight loss/gain trend after eating the junk. :wink:
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I do have them but I allow for them and log them.

Today I knew I was going out for dinner so I left 700 cal. for a cheat meal and didn't even use them all. It's perfectly fine if you log them I think. Just remember you might retain some water weight when you weigh yourself the next day.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals/days but if I did I would log it just the same to see if there is any type of pattern in what and how much I eat and how my body reacts (whether positively or negatively). Not to say that I don't allow myself to eat certain things, I just don't call it cheating. To me its just eating and trying to make good decisions in reagrds to portion size, frequency of meals, etc.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my trainer has 5% body fat and he has a cheat day every sunday . the guy eats like a work horse and it amazes me what he chows down on sundays. he was overweight and out of shape at one time in his life and he knows how precious them cheat days are. i do it too but not so often because im in a contest right now so first week of may some restaurant out there has to watch out lol
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    A cheat day is good, but I don't think its good to plan for them. I use my cheat days for special events or accidental high calorie foods. Like eating a small amount of something or ordering before you see the calories. I then discover how awful a decision it was. The spike days works. When I was stuck in my plateau the only times I ever lost weight were after cheat days. Movie theater visits or food cart parties. Also, if you don't log it, you wont be able to account for your calories ever. Or wonder why you can't get through your plateau. Its best to have the stats there then miss them.
  • Wrappedinbacon
    Wrappedinbacon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have cheat days and I log EVERYTHING, (hangs head in shame sometimes about it)
  • DanielleHodgins
    DanielleHodgins Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal yes, and yes I track it. Not a cheat day for me.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I do have them but I allow for them and log them.

Today I knew I was going out for dinner so I left 700 cal. for a cheat meal and didn't even use them all. It's perfectly fine if you log them I think. Just remember you might retain some water weight when you weigh yourself the next day.
    How is it a "cheat" if you have the calories for it?
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    Yes I have cheat meals or an occasional cheat day I don't go mad with it though only 300-500 calories over my usual intake and I get right back on track the next day. I always log them too. Xx
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ive heard a lot of people saying they have cheat days or meals but if you have these do you log them in your diary?
    I log them in.

And on cheat days, I usually eat around 5000 calories or more - lol

I've lost almost 70lbs doing this every week.
    LOVE IT!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I call it a treat day cause i know im not cheating if i've done well all week and earnt the day off of calorie counting lol. But no i don't log it. I eat whatever i want guilt free and its never affected my weight loss.
  • Matthew_Wilde
    Matthew_Wilde Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you log it all, how is it a cheat day - does the calories for that day take you over, on the week overall?

(i could do with a cheat day RIGHT NOW..... :-))
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I cheated last night and gave in to the urge of kebab meat and chips from the local take away. I added it to my food diary though and was still under the calorie limit. Am thinking that it must be wrong or something cause surely it is full of calories but if the diary says its under than i should be happy with that :)
  • seraieis
    seraieis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Back in college (when I could eat whatever) my friends and I would have Fat Kid Friday's. In that spirit, we still do a MUCH lighter version of it on Saturday. I still log this, because I want to understand what foods I'm craving. It helps me better plan the week. If all I can think about come Saturday is cheese fries, I know that if on Friday, I have some baked potato with a sprinkle of asiago, it will usually kill my desire, and I won't cheat that badly on Saturday :)
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I log them in.

And on cheat days, I usually eat around 5000 calories or more - lol

I've lost almost 70lbs doing this every week.
    LOVE IT!

^^^That's awesome!^^^

Sometimes it's just a cheat meal, sometimes it's a whole day, but I log everything as well. I allow way more calories during cycling season since I have to eat around 2000 calories everyday just to maintain.
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I'm too afraid to have an actual "cheat" day. I allow myself maybe one day a week where I can go over by a little (usually less than 200 calories), but my metabolism is SO fickle...I'm afraid I'd gain back everything I've lost so far, which isn't much. I wish I had the courage to do it, though!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    On my cheat days, I eat out at fast food: McDs, Chick Fil A, Taco Bell, etc. It doesnt include sit down restaurants, because I normally do some research before hand and order the healthiest thing on the menu there. On my cheat days, I do about 3,000 calories, lol
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    On Fridays I eat whatever I want after 2pm. I also log every bit of it. It helps keep me on track but also allows me to have things that I normally don't.