Atlanta Airport Food--Help!

Options
singfree
singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
We will have a 2 hr layover in Atlanta on Sunday evening. Is there anywhere to eat that sells "good" food? I mean tasty and nutritionally sound... We need to get something good to eat before boarding another long flight to California. We don't want to buy the junk food on the plane.

Thanks!

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Not sure what exactly that airport has but why don't you pack some healthy snacks or sandwiches in your carry on?
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Not sure what exactly that airport has but why don't you pack some healthy snacks or sandwiches in your carry on?

Last time I checked you could bring NO food or drink in your carry on. I haven't flown in about 6 months, but last time I did they confiscated my oh so dangerous bottle of water :)
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    There's an Atlanta Bread Company there. Surely you can make something on their menu work? There's also a nicer restaurant there but I forget what it's called. Just stick to a sandwich or salad and have them hold the mayo/creamy salad dressings and you'll be fine. You can't blow all your hard work in one meal at the ATL airport, I promise. :flowerforyou: Oh, and welcome to Atlanta! Even if it's just for two hours.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options

Last time I checked you could bring NO food or drink in your carry on. I haven't flown in about 6 months, but last time I did they confiscated my oh so dangerous bottle of water :)

I know the Atlanta airport Nazis pulled my Mom aside for forgetting and packing a bottle of water in her carry on and they searched every last bag they had plus checked them head to toe. There should be something on the website about current restrictions, though.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My daughter tried to bring an unopened jar of peanut butter on in her carryon and they confiscated it. You can carry things like power bars, bags of nuts, etc. I've done it.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Concessions/default.aspx

Here's a link to the concessions at the Atlanta Hatfield Airport...Au Bon Pain often has healthy sandwiches, yogurt dishes, and soups. And if you buy it in the airport, they will package it so you can take it on board.

You can bring on bottles of water now, but only if you buy them after you've gone through the security check.

The last time I flew, I was charged on the plane for water and coffee. Sigh. No freebees left anymore.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your help. We are flying from Philadelphia to Santa Ana (via ATL). Since most of the day will be on the run, we want to eat something more than our own brown bag special. Plus, TSA is fickle about what you can board with, so we will not take that chance. ATL Bread Co. or Au Bon Pain are good choices as we've eaten at both. Thanks again!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Atlanta has a great assortment of restaurants. They have sit down as well as fast food. you can get salad, grilled chicken, etc. should have easy time of choosing. You can also bring snacks in your carry on. I do it all the time. I bring apples, crackers, whatever I can eat if I get hungry. cant bring any kind of water or drink. have to buy that at airport. i have never tried, but you may be able to go online to atlanta airport and check out different restaurants. they have different concourses so be sure to check out ones on your concourse. Atlanta is a very very big airport. hope that helps.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I flew last week. I was able to bring food to the airport with me. It just had to be solid. I brought various veggies and a sandwich. I also brought an empty water bottle with me and filled it up with water at a soda dispenser for free after I passed security. Also, anything you buy at the airport can be brought on the plane. To my knowledge none of the airlines search your bags at boarding.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind this is for your own safety!!!

here's a link for food

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/holiday.shtm
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1667.shtm

I brought fresh fruit - whole thru TSA last week when I travelled it's fine
    Anything opened has to be wrapped up

no liquids , jells - juices etc
  • cardigirl
    Options
    Also, anything you buy at the airport can be brought on the plane.

After you pass through security. If you buy water or coffee at the airport before going through security, you'll have to get rid of that.
  • uscm91
    uscm91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey..If Im not mistaken, there's a Chili's Too on D concourse...they might have some healthy choices.

I deliver out there from time to time (UPS) and there are some nice places to eat there now...

Derek
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Theres a chik-fila-a on concourse A

They have salads and chargrilled sanswiches that are good. Fruit Cups...
  • cardigirl
    Options
    Theres a chik-fila-a on concourse A

They have salads and chargrilled sanswiches that are good. Fruit Cups...

MmMmmmm chik-fil-a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: