night eating

Options
2»

Replies

• drop30lbs
    drop30lbs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is definitely my issue. I bring my food for the day but come 3pm, I want to snack all evening and then I feel too guilty to eat a proper supper. So even though I'm working out and eating fairly well in the day, my weight loss is not consistent. I decided to re-evaluate today and at least stick to the snacks I pre-prepared instead of just grazing. At night I will try fat free hot chocolate if it is cold and I feel I must have something more.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bump - I have a somewhat "normal" schedule but I have bad issues with night time hunger (psychological, surely)...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating at night as long as you log it and as long as you have to calories to spare. I have done pretty much for my entire weight loss. Meal timing in and of itself makes no difference for losing. It may help you mentally, but that is up to you. If you can snack just before bed on food that fits in your calories for the day, it will not hurt your weight loss.

I agree with this.

I eat every single night before I go to bed. If I don't, I will wake up in the middle of the night and will likely binge eat.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have a real problem with night eating! In fact this is what happened last night... I wish I could figure out why I totally sabatoge myself!!! At 1 am I got out of bed and ate a slice of cake! I used to be a smoker (over 20 yrs and quit with no problem cold turkey). I hate to say it, but when I have these binges it feels desperate like when a smoker runs out of cigarettes and rumages through the ash tray. I got through this ONLY AT NIGHT! Is this what you do? I have tried the "closing the kitchen" no luck. I'm going to try having sweet low cal goodies ready for my late night fix and see if this helps.

Have you tried protein before bed? Some people need the protein right before they go to sleep since they stay fuller longer. Other people (like me) are fine consuming carbs, but some people NEED the protein.

Do you like cottage cheese? How about cottage cheese and a piece of fruit?