New and wondering about how often to weigh

Options
2»

Replies

• mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    When I was losing weight, I weighed myself once a week. Now that I am on maintenance diet, I weigh myself once a month.
  • Cathy000
    Cathy000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Keeps me on track
  • jhsblue
    jhsblue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to weigh in once a week. I joined yesterday. I have made Tuesdays my weigh in day. Have fun with it.

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
    -Helen Keller
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    whatever you feel like you can deal with emotionally.
    My Choice:
    Weigh in Daily ...just for me
    Official way in days for tracking are Monday and thursday
    I weigh myself first thing every morning
    Weigh in Naked
    After I use the restroom and before a shower/food

A few questions to think about:
    Do you want to know the little wins or losses of weighing in everyday
    If you wait a week or two...are you gonna be ok with the possible gains do to muscle weight if you are working out
    Is the weight most important or the fit of your clothes and the energy you gain

Whatever your choice...Good luck and remember you didnt gain it overnight ...you cant lose it overnight
  • _John
    _John Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and wanted to know how often do you weigh. I do not want to weigh every day just because of weight fluctuations. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'd say definitely every day. If you wait a week to weigh yourself and you've gone up, it's going to take a week to get that weight off again and you'll have spent two weeks getting nowhere. I can see that I weigh in lower than my weight trend line *every day* and that's a big incentive.

However you need a way to see your weight *trend* and there are tools to do that (I'd hope that in future MFP improve their charting). If you have an android smartphone there's a great app here...
    https://market.android.com/details?id=net.cachapa.libra&hl=en
    I'm sure you could search for something similar for iphone.

The smartphone app is much the best way to do this but if you want to do it on your PC head over here and open a free account and log your weight into the chart...
    http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html
    ...or d/l one of their excel spreadsheets to do the same.

--
  • jkl090582
    Options
    I weight myself once a month, don't be too attached to the scale use a measuring tape and also look at you body fat percentages. You may be losing inches and gaining muscle and not see a shift in weight. Remember it is a lifestyle just take it a day at a time and enjoy the process.
    Thanks
    Jackie