Which class do you enjoy the most?

Options
I recently joined a gym mainly for the classes they offer.

-Spinning, zumba, yoga, pilates, cardio zumba, swim aerobics, etc.

Which have you taken, and which would you suggest?

Replies

• gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Of those, spinning's the only one I've done and it's brutal.

I've stopped my gym subscription though, and now get my exercise being 'encouraged' by military PTs. It's so much more fun than any class I've ever done, or anything in a gym for that matter. Oh, and you work harder than you ever thought you could. :smile:

http://www.britmilfit.com/
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've done spinning and gj4man is right, it's a brutal workout! Burns a lot of calories but the seats are NOT comfy! I've also done Zumba and had a great time, it's fun cuz you're dancing and it's almost like you're not even working out. Out of the two I prefer Zumba, I want to get the game for Wii as well so I can do it in home if I can't get to the gym. Good luck!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise! Love it.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i've only done spinning, but it's awesome. I burn about 900 cals+ in a 1 hour class!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I also do body pump!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Pilates is my hands down favorite. But Zumba is a very close second!
  • ruthiebabe78
    Options
    Zumba...I sweat BUCKETS and burn between 800-1000 calories in an hour.
  • AN8VTXN
    AN8VTXN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done Zumba and liked it. Haven't tried it at the new gym I'm going to now, but I keep wanting to. They offer it every single evening - I just need to leave work early enough to go!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I recently joined a gym mainly for the classes they offer.

-Spinning, zumba, yoga, pilates, cardio zumba, swim aerobics, etc.

Which have you taken, and which would you suggest?

I've done Spinning and it's GREAT! I'm too uncoordinated for Zumba, yoga was fun and i can't swim! LOL
  • gg24
    gg24 Posts: 58
    Options
    Lucky you!

If it was me, I'd do 3 days of strength training (weights) and 20-30 mins of light cardio on those days (treadmill walking - eliptical). 2 days of one of the heavy cardio classes (spinning, zumba, etc) and 1 day for muscle stretching (yoga or pilates), This is what I'm going for but my gym doesn't have the classes so I travel around town adding them in. :)

I've done classes in Zumba and water exercises so far. Yoga starts soon.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have taken and enjoyed Yoga very much. In fact, I miss it a lot! Wish I had more time & $, if I did I would be back in Yoga in a heartbeat.

I gave Zumba a try and liked it but it was supposed to be something I would do with my wife and she hated it. I have a couple of MFP friends who do Zumba regularly and always post positive feedback about the classes.

My main exercise are my martial arts classes (Capoeira & Jeet Kune Do). This is my focus. However, I started weight training with dumbbells late last Nov. to build strength. This I have surprisingly enjoyed!

Have fun with what ever you chose to try.