Strange word on your screen called "search"

Options
onefitdiva
onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
Is it just me?? Why is the search button ignored???? So many threads repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...... Well you get the message. Or maybe not. :tongue:

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    this thread has been brought up over and over and over and over as well.... :laugh:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Too funny! :laugh: Personally, if I have a question or concern or gripe or whatever... I want to write it out myself and get answers for myself. I don't always want to read through 456 comments on some other thread :bigsmile:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I use google.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    this thread has been brought up over and over and over and over as well.... :laugh:

Touche.... however many newer people do not know that obviously if they are not using it, if they used search to search the topic "search" we would not be seeing so many repeat threads cause they would know to use the search tab..
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    If you point it out to someone, do it nicely. The mods will hammer you otherwise.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    :explode: :sad: :bigsmile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Touche.... however many newer people do not know that obviously if they are not using it, if they used search to search the topic "search" we would not be seeing so many repeat threads cause they would know to use the search tab..
    Oh ok, then let's just spam the boards every day with this.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    don't sweat the small stuff...........

or, MAYBE DO! it could burn a bunch o'calories!!!

:glasses: :bigsmile: :glasses: :bigsmile: :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Will I go into starvation mode faster if I don't use the search button?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Too funny! :laugh: Personally, if I have a question or concern or gripe or whatever... I want to write it out myself and get answers for myself. I don't always want to read through 456 comments on some other thread :bigsmile:
    I feel like there's a difference between repeat OPINION threads, which might not be resolved to the satisfaction of the asker, and repeat "How do I ________" threads. For example, I have seen some version of the question "Why doesn't logging strength training give me any calories?" asked at least two dozen times in the past week. A simple search OR reading the help section topics would have given them the answer.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Is it just me?? Why is the search button ignored???? So many threads repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...... Well you get the message. Or maybe not. :tongue:

I think a lot of people genuinely think because something has just occurred to them, it's never occurred to anyone else either.

Some others are just lazy, and some just want something, anything, to say.

Most questions asked on Mfp could be successfully researched via the internet, so often it's just a vehicle for starting a thread and making contact with other users I suppose. If you've been here anything longer than a couple of months though, the repeats are worse than refried beans,
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Glad we cleared that up. Once and for all.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It is January, there are a lot of new people who do not know how to use the site. To those of us on here for any amount of time this seems very obvious, but others may still be confused. And frankly the search feature isn't so wonderful as people can title their topic posts a bazillion different ways on the same subject.

My two cents, worth about a cent and a half.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you point it out to someone, do it nicely. The mods will hammer you otherwise.

This.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    If the search function actually WORKED half the time, then there would not be this issue. But honestly, the search function sucks on this site and does not search well at all.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    It is January, there are a lot of new people who do not know how to use the site. To those of us on here for any amount of time this seems very obvious, but others may still be confused. And frankly the search feature isn't so wonderful as people can title their topic posts a bazillion different ways on the same subject.

My two cents, worth about a cent and a half.
    If the search function actually WORKED half the time, then there would not be this issue. But honestly, the search function sucks on this site and does not search well at all.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options

you took the words STRAIGHT out of my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen this exact one posted a gazillion times over!
  • nansidhe
    nansidhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Ha! You beat me to it.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    yay I won! be jealous all because I was first and said the magic words.
This discussion has been closed.