Snacks???

Options
Ok, so I am on a shake diet plan, 2 shakes and a meal a day... snacks are allowed, however I did not feel like paying a buttload for their variety of snacks they sell in a box... so I'm trying to figure out what are some good snacks to have... I know fruit, and veggies, and nuts... But what about say pop corn???

I'm hoping maybe you guys can help throw out some good snack ideas to help :D THANK YOU!!!!!! :D

Replies

• joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like the 100 cal packs of beef jerky. :-)
  • SickofBeingChub
    Options
    I love popcorn, however you have to be exremely cautious with the type you make. I make mine on the stove with a teaspoon of oil and no salt.

I also like jazzing up fruits with peanut butter, hummus is always a great option.

Ashley
    (www.sickofbeingchub.com)
  • aigo86
    aigo86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you love greek yogurt... here is a super yummy desert that is sooooo easy to make too!
    Scoop out some greek yogurt into a bowl.
    Sprinkle some Truvia (or any other natural sweetener) on top and stir it briskly until it becomes a more whipped consistency.
    You can also add some Agave Syrup if you would like (I love it!).
    Add some sliced up strawberries last and you have a yummy, healthy dessert!
  • rashooy
    rashooy Posts: 55
    Options
    digestive biscuits?
  • CTredsoxfan
    CTredsoxfan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i like the laughing cow mini cheese with a few stacys pita chips...... low cal cheese and crackers
    and the spcial k sea salt crackers are ok if you want to have "crunchy" snack
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    1/2 low fat cottage cheese is a great snack for after working out.
    If your on a low fat diet a snack 1/4 cup almonds is a good source of fat.
    I just tried these Chipins, they are popcorn chips. Really good and lower in calories.
  • rtbrwinter
    Options
    I love vanilla yogurt. I usually add either grapes, kiwi, sliced up banana, or pomagranite seeds to it. It's great because it reminds me of a desert but I'm able to always change it up to give it a different flavor, taste, or texture.
  • Princesslele
    Princesslele Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all those are great tips!!!

I don't eat meat though but I do eat Turkey, and I know there is Turkey jerky, and I think a site I found said 100 calories or something for a snack...

I also can't have diary :( Lactose...

and pop corn can you do microwave no butter light??? like just plain popcorn??

Because of stuff I can't eat, it's really hard for me on diets or healthy snacks (other then fruits or veggies...)
    I was thinking a good snack is salad, I know Lettuce is really good for you and I don't use dressing on my salads either...

I'm hoping that because this is the first day, that the first few will take a bit to get used to the routine and that I don't get "hungry" I wasn't extremely hungry, but I'm a late night person, and diets have failed me in the past because of that, for instance I'd tried HCG and nights were horrible, I was always soooo hungry...

I really do appreciate all the great tips!!! Thank you guys all so much!!!! You've given me some GREAT ideas!!!!