My Favorite NSV Ever

Options
I stopped posting NSVs a while back for a couple of reasons. I am not one who generally seeks attention nor am I comfortable with it. I really don't like to brag and I don't want to cause any discomfort to friends who may be having a hard time.

But my newest NSV I just have to share. It's better than going from a size 18 to a 10 or all the kind remarks people have made. It's even better than being able to jog what I barely could walk before.

Before I started here in May I was recording my blood pressure readings. It had been quite high on a number of occasions. On May 12, 2011. A couple of weeks before joining MFP my blood pressure was 150/83 pulse 84.
Last night it registered 108/71 pulse 68.
This is the real reason why I am here, not new jeans but quality of life!

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    All that hard work has truly paid off in more ways than we sometimes imagined! I'm so proud of you!

You just keep posting your NSVs, and I'll help you celebrate!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    truly something to celebrate! well done!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    You're my hero for so many reasons, but this made me tear up I'm so proud of you! I'm thankful to have you as a friend and an inspiration.
  • Ready4Battle
    Options
    That's fantastic Mindy. You've done a great job, and the results speak for themselves. Be proud!
  • DawnDawn2011
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! So glad you are happy and healthy too! People should never be jealous of your success! They should be inspired by it! I know I am! : )
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    you rock!
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Mindy! That is a fantastic change to such an important measure of health. Great job!! Your hard work has paid off.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It's nice to see progress.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,034 Member
    Options
    That's Grrrrreat! :drinker:
    Lowering my blood pressure is one of my goals, too! Your NSV encourages me that it is possible.
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great effort and great results! Personally, I don't look at people sharing NSVs as bragging; I love to see how they're doing. It motivates me so much when I think of myself in their shoes, celebrating their NSV. Keep up the awesome work! : )
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Please, please, please always share your NSVs with us!! We love you and we want to be able to celebrate these victories with you. It is definitely NOT bragging!

Congratulations on your success! Getting healthy is absolutely the best reward. I'm so proud of you!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I have the best friends and support team here on MFP!