Hate plain water

Options
what can I put into my water to give it some flavor without the artificial sweetners or chemicals in the drinks such as mio?

Replies

• Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I struggle with water also. My mother always puts those Crystal Light sticks in her waters when she's bored.

If I struggle with water then I switch to diet green tea. I love it! (Arizona diet green tea). But I've done MUCH better at drinking water throughout the day at work and while at home.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    How about a slice of citrus: lemon, lime or orange?
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea if you want warm/hot water

Otherwise check out lemon/citrus or cucumber water
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    About 1cm slice of ginger stabbed a few times, and maybe a bit of lemon too if I'm feeling racey.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Try a slice of cucumber, a squeeze of lemon or lime, a sprig of mint...
    Crystal Light is doable, but it does have sodium so watch out for how much you use.

ETA - those are suggestions, but I personally LOVE plain water.
  • CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    I like lime, lemon or cucumber. I also like green tea. Would be open to some new ideas!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I use stevia drops and other times I use fresh lemon/lime. I hate plain water too. I must be really thirsty to drink it..
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How about a slice of citrus: lemon, lime or orange?

or mint I love to add mint in the summer (or when i miss summer) citrus is always a plus!
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    I have to try adding a cucumber...I usually add a lemon, lime, or orange wedge to my water
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle of lemon juice in the fridge and just add a few drops to every glass of water. Tasty.
  • hazeyskyy
    Options
    Twinning Cold Brew Tea Bags are amazing!! Stick a tea bag in a bottle of water, and in less than 5 minutes you have iced tea!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Whiskey? j/k

I've been using MIO. It works.
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like the flavored stevia drops for a change of pace.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fruit slices or a splash of fruit juice. But you don't have to drink plain water if you don't want. Any non-alcoholic liquid will hydrate you (tea, coffee, fruit or vegetable juice, kool-aid, sodas, whatever)
  • bast2112
    Options
    True Lemon! http://www.truelemon.com/ Can find it in most grocery stores.
  • Courtneycms88
    Courtneycms88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also hate drinking plain water and always have. But I like drinking sparkling water with oranges or limes. I get that feeling of drinking a soda but it is 0 calories. Or plain ice tea especially a good thing when I am thristy at work, because I can run down to Starbucks and get a venti black ice tea no sweetner.
  • TeresaB1123
    Options
    I don't like any diet flavored drinks- except one: Diet Green Tea. O calories. o fat. tastes really good.

Cucumber water? Maybe I'll give that a try too.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    True Lemon or True Lime (I think that's what they are called)

Powdered Lemon and Lime flavoring but has no calories and tastes no different than squeezing lemon or lime juice into your water. Good stuff.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Actually lemon in your water is better for you than just plain water. Lemon is an antiseptic, or is an agent that prevents sepsis (the presence of pathogenic bacteria) or putrefaction (decomposition of tissue). It is also anti-scorbutic, a term meaning a remedy which will prevent disease and assist in cleansing the system of impurities. Due to the digestive qualities of lemon juice, symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching are relieved. By drinking lemon juice regularly, the bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently thus controlling constipation and diarrhea.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    As others have suggested, a few slices of cucumber, lemon, or lime.

I'd also add, almost any fruit. I've tried apple, blueberry, strawberry... Love it all, and really helps with variety. Leave it in the water and refrigerate over night for the most flavor.