Do Frozen Weight Watcher Meals Help you loose weight ?

Options

Replies

• staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    They helped me learn portion & calorie control. They were part of my lifestyle change for 1 1/2 years. I have since learned about healthier food choices. It's amazing what you can eat for less calories/fat content in processed food AND not be hungry.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat Lean Cuisine, Eating Right etc. on a daily basis. Yes, I can make salads etc, but I like a hot meal for lunch and eating these prevents me from going to a fast food joint which used to be a daily occurrence.

I have found some that didn't taste as good as others and some that are definitely yummy. The sodium content is not as horrible as people claim. As with any meal, the sodium may be higher or lower depending on what you're eating. As another poster stated, you can plan your day so you don't go over the recommended amounts.

Just my two cents. :smile:
  • BetteLovr
    BetteLovr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others about convenience but I think it is important to relearn how to cook.. Don't you agree? I do like the breakfast egg while and hash brown meal for something a little quick and different in the a.m.
  • Fraileya19
    Options
    I used to LOVE them... until my BP starting going up and my DR. put me on Metoprolol and a waterpill. Now, I try and stay away from them due to their soldium content. I retain water like no other! Bah humbug,
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    I usually have a Healthy Choice/Lean Cuisine/etc for lunch when I am at work (M-F).

I wouldn't eat them for EVERY meal. I think if you're having a healthy breakfast, a frozen meal for lunch and then a healthy dinner with lots of water in between and some exercise, you will do just fine.
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    sodium in those processed meals is the devil. just sayin. Go whole foods instead :)

agree

they help with portion control, tho
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have completely stopped eating them about 97% of the time because I spent a year living nearly off of these meals and I wasn't losing weight and it was expensive. With a little planning you can make your own -- who can't portion frozen broccholi a piece of chicken and freeze it in a Gladware container...and save yourself a bundle of money and get some variety... eating the WW & LC meals are high in sodium and THEY DON'T TEACH us how to feed ourselves. I'm thinking I have to find a long-term solution to my eating and habits and I think reaching for frozen meals is a trap (bad habit) and gimmic.... just my two cents...
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others about convenience but I think it is important to relearn how to cook.. Don't you agree? I do like the breakfast egg while and hash brown meal for something a little quick and different in the a.m.
    I agree
  • Natz_20
    Natz_20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Just thought I would post on this topic. I am all for weight watchers as I joined two years ago and in 6 months had lost three and a half stone and went from a size 18 to a 14!!! I love weight watchers meals and find them really filling. I especially love the lasagne and it is great for a lunch time meal nice hot meal mmmm. I also bought all of the cookbooks and make a lot of things from them.

When i have some spare time I will stick some recipes on if you like?

I have joined this now as I have put all the weight I lost back on due to an abusive relationship!! Thankfully I seen a way out and now it is safe to say I have my head screwed on again and focused to get into that bikini in July!!

Hope this helps!!?

Natalie

xx
  • dhara06
    dhara06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need to have one for lunch today because i didn't bring anything...how much water should I drink to get the sodium out?
  • dmunroe8
    dmunroe8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People tend to repeat what they hear from others. If you don't have high blood pressure and don't eat them everyday there is nothing wrong with them. They keep the portion under control I add a veggie with them. So go for it whatever works for you :)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I was eating them, but they have WAY too much sodium in them, which I don't need.
  • itsjilly
    itsjilly Posts: 40
    Options
    IMO, its better than Fast food, but not as good as making something yourself!

I keep cooked chicken sliced in the freezer for those days that I don't have time.

The frozen meals have way to much sodium in them!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sure. So does cheese burgers and pizza, ice cream & cookies, etc. The take home message is that there's no single or group of foods that will "help" you lose weight moreso than the others. When it comes to weight loss, ALL you need is an appropriate caloric deficit. You could fill your day with Reese's cups if you wanted. However if your goal is to be healthy, that's another story.
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    I don't eat them but I heard they are pretty sodium laden. I prefer to cook my own meals so I know what's going into it, usually I do a cookup on a Sunday.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit will help you lose weight no matter what. Most people say that the frozen meals are unhealthy... I never realy looked into why they are... BUT, if they are easy for you and help you stay within your calories then i'd say they are fine... Just try to make your own homecooked meals most of the time! I think that the only time you reeeaally need a to eat and not eat certain things is when you have goals other then "losing weight", such as gaining muscle, losing fat, recomp and so on..

:)
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm guilty of having them on hand and will eat them a few times a week. I prefer to make my own food but with my schedule sometimes I do have to default to them.
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Much easier to chew if they are cooked.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I used to have the occasional beef hot pot/beef in red wine casserole or shepherds pie.

Since the `horse meat` in ready meal scandal I have stopped buying them. I emailed WW to ask if they could verify that their food did not contain horse... they told me that they ` followed food standard regulation` so am not eating it...I love horses and don`t want to eat any :angry:

So much easier to make my own stuff, if I just make the time
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    No. Save yourself money and simply cook your own food from fresh wholesome ingredients.

I have tried them and tried to use them for lunch and dinner; I lasted a week or so...they are not nice!

Lean cuisines are around $1.50, especially if you have coupons. Even with an added serving of veggies, it comes in at my goal of $2 per meal. It isn't my cheapest meal, but it is very reasonable.

Some of them, however, are own right nasty, I can't argue with that. I do love me those lean cuisine deluxe pizzas, though!