What is Your Favorite Workout DVD???

Options
Hi,
I'm mainly working out on the Wii Fit Plus and a stationary bike, but I would love to add an effective workout DVD to the mix. What workout videos are your favorites?? I'd really like to know if you saw any real results. I have 58 lbs to lose for my first goal, and probably 78 overall and I really want to see results soon and fast for my anniversary in July. Thanks!!!

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My favorite DVDs:

30-Day Shred
    10-Minute Solutions: Pilates Perfect Body
    No More Trouble Zones
    Roller Derby Workout (no skates required!)

I've seen results with them all, but the key is being consistent for extended periods, which I usually fail at. Best of luck!
  • jenr
    jenr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    P90X & P90X2, Pretty much any beachbody workout program. They teach you as you go. I love them!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Anything by Leslie Sansone is great for getting you into a steady routine. She has walks you can do in your living room anywhere from one to five miles. I also love Jillian Michaels. She kicks your butt in a short amount of time. I'm currently doing Ripped in 30 right now and love to hate it. :)
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    p90x works great. but... u have to stay committed to it. for me, i didnt do so hot with it, but im not an at home workout type person. i did do it for 2 weeks straight once and did start to see great results tho! i also hear that the turbo fire ones are great. i also have hip hop abs. looks fun, but i have only watched it so far. havent actually tried it. im terrible. lol.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Insanity! You only need your body and it will kick your a s s!
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Insanity, Shaun T is super motivating. :happy:
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I personally like zumba and dance party 2 & 3 for the wii.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Skinny Sculpt and Yogini by Ellen Barret. Awesome results, tough workout but easier on the joints than some others I've tried.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich straight strength training. It's great.
  • Muneca2899
    Options
    Amy Bento - Xtreme Kickboxing
    Jillian Michaels (all her DVDs)
    Leslie Samsone Walk At Home
    Chalene Johnson TurboJam
    Violet Zaki (Any of her DVDs)
  • sveltemommy
    sveltemommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Inside Out Method series or his newer series. Some Jackie Warner too.
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 170
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michael's dvds because they're short workouts but effective and they're good for exercise beginners. Insanity is awesome. It's tough but I saw great results with it, but only stayed committed for the first month.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    #1 TurboFire, never gets old

#2 Bob Harper's Inside Out, cardio weights

PS....I lost about 20lbs doing TF last winter, not to mention it helped cut a minute off of my running mile! Her HIIT workouts are awesome!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It came with the Danskin Weighted Balls at Walmart. Weighted Ball Workout with Mia Finnegan. LOVE! Full body workout (can be done with handweights of any weight) in 20-30 minutes. Definitely saw results! It really helped my legs and butt. Just getting back into my routine with it.
  • ScoutYoungblood
    Options
    I'm using the P90X program. It's awesome. I also heard Insanity was very good, but I have not tried that.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has been very effective for me but she wuold drive me nuts if I only did hers. I have a UK Biggest Loser DVD (less annoying trainers in my opinion!), several firm DVDs, a Tae bo DVD and I like them all. I wasn't mad on Zumba to be honest, I am really torn over what to try next, fork out for insanity or turbofire or something or just keep buying a DVD at a time which is less to lose if its not great!!
  • MA2Angel
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire. It is a high intensity workout and its fun. Plus the instructor doesn't get under my skin, and the workouts are of a wide variety from short super high intensity to sculpting to yoga.
    Also, for strength training that doesn't require you to go to the gym, you might try fitness decks. Theres a large variety of fit decks depending on what kind of toning you would like to do and you can tailor them to your level of current fitness and work your way up.
  • ChickPea89
    ChickPea89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    30DS is my fav, it's short and effective!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    P90X & P90X2, Pretty much any beachbody workout program. They teach you as you go. I love them!

17 Concise words, probably P90X to begin though :)
  • Smm219
    Smm219 Posts: 2
    Options
    We finished a BL contest at work just before Thanksgiving and I lost 32 pounds over 10 weeks using Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. I love it because the entire workout is only 30 minutes! Did it 5-6 times a week and kept my calories at 1200 daily and saw results fast! Just started another BL constest ...hoping to lose another 20 pounds..... Good luck!! :)