There's a Salmon in my Dishwasher!

Options

Replies

• GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    My husband is my dishwasher. He said I may not stuff a salmon wrapped in foil in him anywhere.
    Hilerious!!!
  • buzzbug
    buzzbug Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My husband is my dishwasher. He said I may not stuff a salmon wrapped in foil in him anywhere.

I actually laughed out loud! Way to go haha
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    kramer.jpg
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Hilerious!!!

:D
  • buzzbug
    Options
    You might like the cookbook "Manifold Destiny". It's all recipes you can cook on your car's engine during trips of various lengths. Pretty cool!

I just heard about this book yesterday! I need a copy asap! Lol, what's the fun in cooking if you don't get a little wacky :happy:
  • JennieAL
    Options
    this made me smile! the title alone was genius! love it!

Yep... could be a book title.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this before. I'm still not going to try it. I like to keep my appliances and their uses all separate and stuff. My ancestors didn't climb their way to the top of the food chain to cook fish in a dishwasher.
  • buzzbug
    Options
    kramer.jpg

I'm going to need a Seinfeld marathon asap now! lol
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You're messing with us, right?

Can't... tell... o_O
  • buzzbug
    Options
    this made me smile! the title alone was genius! love it!

Yep... could be a book title.

YAY! I guess I'm on my way to my first cookbook already :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Tell him he needs to live a little!
  • JennieAL
    Options
    I've heard of this before. I'm still not going to try it. I like to keep my appliances and their uses all separate and stuff. My ancestors didn't climb their way to the top of the food chain to cook fish in a dishwasher.

It's novel ideas like this (albeit, sort of a silly one) that got us to the top.
  • buzzbug
    Options
    You're messing with us, right?

Can't... tell... o_O

SO SERIOUS!

http://www.winexmagazine.com/index.php/wine/vieweat/dishwasher-salmon/
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    kramer.jpg
    LMAO.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The novelty aspect is funny, I'll give you that =)

Just please put it in a tupperware or something next time. I'm worried about soap in your belly.

UNLESS - You go hardcore and use lemon cool-aid as your detergent. People really do this.
    http://savvybrown.com/home/clean-your-dishes-with-kool-aid/
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options

This kinda blows my mind.. but I definitely won't be trying it. I'd be way too worried the soap would end up in the salmon.
  • buzzbug
    Options
    The novelty aspect is funny, I'll give you that =)

Just please put it in a tupperware or something next time. I'm worried about soap in your belly.

UNLESS - You go hardcore and use lemon cool-aid as your detergent. People really do this.
    http://savvybrown.com/home/clean-your-dishes-with-kool-aid/

Don't worry! I filled the sink with cold water and held it under to test the waterproof-ness :wink:

And this is another cool idea! Kool-aid...hm...wonder if my roommates will go for that LOL
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    If you seal the tinfoil really well it should be fine. As someone who has cooked a steak on her car's engine, I will have to give this a shot too.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing! I am the dishwasher in our house and there is no way I'm...well, you get the picture.

I love the book title idea too
    "There's a salmon in my dishwasher! ...and other ways to multi-task"
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Be adventurous! Cook your dinner in the dishwasher and clean the dishes in the oven by burning the food off them. :smokin: